All things Liberty of the seas

collinH45

I would soooo appreciate a favor for anyone sailing on LOS in the next month or two. OR if you already know for sure, LOL! Looking to get information hard ciders (alcoholic cider)

I know the pub has strongbow. Can someone tell me if you can purchase strongbow and especially angry orchard in other venues like the theater and other bars??? I'm so on the fence about the drink package and if I know I can get either throughout the ship, I'll get a select drink package instead of a premium drink package. I have had others confirm you can get hard cider under the select package so that will save me a bit of money. Thank you!

I would soooo appreciate a favor for anyone sailing on LOS in the next month or two. OR if you already know for sure, LOL! Looking to get information hard ciders (alcoholic cider)

I know the pub has strongbow. Can someone tell me if you can purchase strongbow and especially angry orchard in other venues like the theater and other bars??? I'm so on the fence about the drink package and if I know I can get either throughout the ship, I'll get a select drink package instead of a premium drink package. I have had others confirm you can get hard cider under the select package so that will save me a bit of money. Thank you!

Just wait until you are onboard to purchase the drink package. That way you can find out exactly what is covered, and what venues serve what.

That's plan B LOL! I think what I expect is I'll ask someone at a table selling drink packages and they won't know the answer. I'll have to actually go to these venues and ask first. A bit of a pain in the patooty. However, if someone else here has bought cider onboard they can confirm it, it stays plan A!

P.S. Edited to add...I actually prefer to purchase the package before I get on board. That's another reason I would like to know before getting on board. It's one less expense on my onboard account.

Edited by slyster

That's plan B LOL! I think what I expect is I'll ask someone at a table selling drink packages and they won't know the answer. I'll have to actually go to these venues and ask first. A bit of a pain in the patooty. However, if someone else here has bought cider onboard they can confirm it, it stays plan A!

P.S. Edited to add...I actually prefer to purchase the package before I get on board. That's another reason I would like to know before getting on board. It's one less expense on my onboard account.

If you feel that you would like to pay for things before the cruise, you can always buy yourself on board credit.

I was actually going to do that if I needed to buy a drink package on board. :)

I was going to use my visa rewards to purchase OBC and then consider buying additional OBC.

Last cruise we pre-paid our drink packages, shore excursions, and specialty restaurant reservations. I also added about $150 of OBC. By the end of the cruise, we only had a bill for $55.:)

Thanks Bob! You are the one who actually suggested purchasing OBC before my last cruise ;-)

Edited by slyster

Just wait until you are onboard to purchase the drink package. That way you can find out exactly what is covered, and what venues serve what.

Bob- Do you know if NJ tax is added to the drink packages if we purchase them as soon as we board? I know that tax is added to the per drink cost if we don't have a package and buy a drink while docked in Bayonne. Lynn

Bob- Do you know if NJ tax is added to the drink packages if we purchase them as soon as we board? I know that tax is added to the per drink cost if we don't have a package and buy a drink while docked in Bayonne. Lynn

Currently, no state sales tax is added to beverage package prices purchased on board.

Hi, are you able to bring bottled water onboard. I had read somewhere you could, but then on RCCL's site, it states this: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port.

Hi, are you able to bring bottled water onboard. I had read somewhere you could, but then on RCCL's site, it states this: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port.

Bringing water on board is against the rules, but they usually allow it.

I could not believe on my cruise last week for the first time in 5 cruises that the cabin did not have a working refrigerator...my steward said it was just a storage box--this to mie is unaccepatable. Explorer of the Seas had a refrigerator 1o years ago. My husband is type 2 diabetic and needs to put his meds in a cold place. I went to the guest services desk and they said they would replace it with a working refigerator the next day....I went down again when they didn't come to replace it--they said sorry, we have none left--that the cabin steward would bring an ice chest and fill it each day. I then asked--do only the junior suites and suites have working refirigerators? he hesitaited at first--and then said yes. This is absurd to me.

I could not believe on my cruise last week for the first time in 5 cruises that the cabin did not have a working refrigerator...my steward said it was just a storage box--this to mie is unaccepatable. Explorer of the Seas had a refrigerator 1o years ago. My husband is type 2 diabetic and needs to put his meds in a cold place. I went to the guest services desk and they said they would replace it with a working refigerator the next day....I went down again when they didn't come to replace it--they said sorry, we have none left--that the cabin steward would bring an ice chest and fill it each day. I then asked--do only the junior suites and suites have working refirigerators? he hesitaited at first--and then said yes. This is absurd to me.

I was just on LoS in early August and I had a frig that worked fine. They stated to me that they did have frigs. Sorry you went thru this.

Can anyone tell me what are the major differences? The only thing I noticed that there was no grill by the pool on Liberty, but there was on on Explorer.

I'm not aware of any Royal ship with a permanent grill by the pool.

Major differences between Freedom and Voyager class:

Freedom class is about 90 feet longer. This extra space lets them add the H2O zone one the pool deck, On Air Club on deck 3, Sorrento's and a standalone Ben & Jerry's on the Royal Promanade. There's also the cantilever whirlpools. Freedom class is missing the peek-a-boo bridge.

You need to fill out the accessibility form in advance of your cruise and request the fridge for meds that require refrigeration. The information is available on the website. Sometimes you have to do a little homework when you have special needs. I'm not sure that the junior suite info is accurate.

I'm assuming it will be. Usually when they add attractions and advertise it they make sure it's complete for cruises when they say it will be. They are adding Flowriders to the Voyager class ships, and they have been ready to go first cruise out of dry-dock.

We go on March 27th, so everything will definitely be sorted out by then.

I could not believe on my cruise last week for the first time in 5 cruises that the cabin did not have a working refrigerator...my steward said it was just a storage box--this to me is unaccepatable. Explorer of the Seas had a refrigerator 1o years ago. My husband is type 2 diabetic and needs to put his meds in a cold place. I went to the guest services desk and they said they would replace it with a working refigerator the next day....I went down again when they didn't come to replace it--they said sorry, we have none left--that the cabin steward would bring an ice chest and fill it each day. I then asked--do only the junior suites and suites have working refirigerators? he hesitaited at first--and then said yes. This is absurd to me.

We were in suite this week and the box in the mind bar was not a refrigerator. It may have been slightly cooler than room temp, but not by much. So not even all suites have working refrigerators.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Seeshore---my travel agent was even surprised about not having a working refrigerator..in this day and age of cruising, and being this was my 5th cruise in the last 25 years--and yes 25 years ago I had a refrigerator on the RCCL Nordic Prince, it shouldn;t be something you need to request.