Any experience Aqua GTY - put in sky suite

ade99

Hi everyone

Just one week before we leave on the Silhouette and we get an amended today to say we are now in sky suites 6307 and 7309.

We've had lots of issues with the website in the run up with us still apparently owing 770GBP and nobody being able to sort it out so we haven't booked a lot of things online which is convenient because of our work commitments. It's been such a problem I've had to give my user name and password to the US IT department to look into.

I rang today to ask if we still had access to Blu and the Perisan Gardens and was told because I was now in Sky Suite I wouldn't. The only way I could is if I ring in and speak to the revenue department on Monday to get moved back to an aqua cabin if available.

I'm so disappointed they really have made the booking of this trip stressful. I just wondered if anyone has had experience of this and what they have done, or people's opinions.

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just one week before we leave on the Silhouette and we get an amended today to say we are now in sky suites 6307 and 7309.

We've had lots of issues with the website in the run up with us still apparently owing 770GBP and nobody being able to sort it out so we haven't booked a lot of things online which is convenient because of our work commitments. It's been such a problem I've had to give my user name and password to the US IT department to look into.

I rang today to ask if we still had access to Blu and the Perisan Gardens and was told because I was now in Sky Suite I wouldn't. The only way I could is if I ring in and speak to the revenue department on Monday to get moved back to an aqua cabin if available.

I'm so disappointed they really have made the booking of this trip stressful. I just wondered if anyone has had experience of this and what they have done, or people's opinions.

Thanks

From the sounds of things, it sounds like you could really use a vacation and I hope your cruise experience is very enjoyable. I have never heard of an Aqua stateroom guarantee before. What that really means is that you are guaranteed accommodations in Aqua Class or higher.

Being in a suite, your primary dining room will be the MDR, but you will still have the ability to dine in Blu on a "space available basis".

Regarding the Persian Gardens, this is a perk of aqua class.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

This actually sounds like a good deal to me. We have stayed in a Sky Suite and did find it a cut above the regular balcony cabins such as AQ. Suite passengers are accommodated in Blu on a space available basis, but it's very rare to hear of anyone being turned away, so that should work out for you, especially if you could be a little flexible about times (I'm not even sure you will need to be). True, no free access to Persian Gardens but you can always buy a pass. You'll get a free dinner in a specialty restaurant on a 7 day cruise (2 on longer cruises), and a butler to bring you afternoon tea and serve meals in your suite. Personally, I'd be happy.

You really got a good deal! We've been in sky suites 5 times and have two more booked and we always eat in Blu or the specialty restaurants. We love Blu!

You'll have no issue eating there. Breakfast and dinner. Just go to the maitre d' of Blu and tell him/her that you'd like to eat there and that you would like to have your tips switched there, and give up your table in the MDR. Make your free restaurant reservation(s).

We've also sailed AQ and we have never used Persian Garden hot loungers. I tried them and found them too hot and too uncomfortable. YMMV. I prefer the padded loungers of the Relaxation Lounge (anyone can use those) in the very front of the ship with the cold water infused with citrus and the fresh coffee. You can still use every amenity of the Spa area.

I've never heard of getting a suite with an AQ guarantee so your very lucky indeed.

We had the opportunity to upgrade to an Aqua GTY this last spring and knew when we did it that there were no aqua cabins available. We were upgraded to sky suites and we absolutely loved them. (It was our first suite experience.) We did dine in Blu for breakfast and it was nice, but we really do prefer the MDR for dinner. If you are looking for an aqua class experience, though, you might want to call and see if you can get your aqua cabin back. Otherwise, you can dine in Blu as long as there is room. Don't go at peak times.

Thanks everyone

I think one of the things was I have no idea of what the suites are like. Having heard about being able to get to Blu and the free 2 nights in speciality dining it should be ok.

I just wished maybe they explained it a bit better when I called them.

Not sure what to expect form a suite and the whole butler thing.

We have enjoyed having a butler, really gives the cruise an elegant touch. He will knock on your door every afternoon and offer you tea from a cart he will have in the hallway, we had sweets but I think small sandwiches are available too. He will be the one delivering room service if you order this, and it will have a little more flair than regular room service delivery. And he can solve problems that come up --- a missing button on a shirt, need for a specialty restaurant reservation, that sort of thing. It seems there is some variation in how attentive Celebrity butlers are, but most are anxious to do whatever they can to make your cruise more enjoyable. Of course, you will want to tip him according to how much he is asked to do for you throughout your cruise (a small tip is included in the basic gratuities.)

I wouldn't dream of giving up a sky suite for an AQ cabin. Just the space in the cabin alone makes a huge difference. You will still be able to eat in Blu. And now you have a complimentary specialty restaurant meal as well (or maybe two, depending on the length of your cruise).

In addition to what the others have mentioned, your butler will bring you specialty coffees in the morning if you so desire and breakfast as well, although I prefer to go to Blu for breakfast.

I have not found the Persian Gardens to be much of a perk, so I wouldn't miss that at all. If you enjoy that, you can purchase access.

Enjoy your spacious digs!

This is one "suite" ;):D upgrade

Wait a minute did you not say you guys got 2 Suites ... Unbelievable !!

Oh how I wish the Celebrity Upgrade Fairy Godmother would visit me some cruise.

No matter how bottom of the rung the Suite is, it still is going to be a "step up" from Aqua Class

And you get the best of both worlds... If you are proactive and speak to the Maitre D in Blu... Tell him you got upgraded from Aqua but were really looking forward to dining in / trying out Blu ... Appeal to him by stating how awesome you heard Blu was, he & hs crew etc... I'm guessing you'll be able to get in and not have to be in the MDR (although Mr Sloop & I quite enjoy the MDR)

Suites have all the perks of a Standard cabin & more. There is truly a short list of things that Aqua Class has that you will not. And those you don't get you can find another way to happen if you truly want them (like the Persian Garden Pass). Still better value, considering what a Suite actually goes for.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... I will be anxiously awaiting your Trip Report / Cruise Review when you return to see how it all went and what you thought. Have a great cruise !!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

This actually sounds like a good deal to me. We have stayed in a Sky Suite and did find it a cut above the regular balcony cabins such as AQ. Suite passengers are accommodated in Blu on a space available basis, but it's very rare to hear of anyone being turned away, so that should work out for you, especially if you could be a little flexible about times (I'm not even sure you will need to be). True, no free access to Persian Gardens but you can always buy a pass. You'll get a free dinner in a specialty restaurant on a 7 day cruise (2 on longer cruises), and a butler to bring you afternoon tea and serve meals in your suite. Personally, I'd be happy.

I'd take a sky suite over an AQ cabin anyday

Never ever had a problem eating in blu when staying in a suite, although I generally prefer the specialty rest over Blu , as I think its only real advantage of Blu is service in generally better, pretty much same food as MDR just smaller portions

Lucky you. You can always choose to go AQ another time. You might try bargaining with Celebrity for extra OB credit to cover the cost of having to pay extra for the Persian Gardens. You never know, you might get it. Also, go the first day to the Blu Maitre D and tell him your "sad" story. Ask his help about when you might be able to come to Blu and get in, because that is why you wanted to be in AQ. Be very sweet and nice and leave a nice tip at the end. Have a good time no matter what happens. It is just another experience you can regale fellow cruisers with at a later date. ;)