Not sure NCL wants to keep me.

blindrid

Princess is ok. The ships are beautiful ... it's just everything is dead at 10pm.

Even if there were a great nightlife on princess me and mine would still be in bed by 11!! Btw me and mine includes teens an 20 something's. lol

All of us usually beat from12 hour med port stops! Lol

Love the deck movies on princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are limited longer cruises. But, LOTS of the same ole 7 days to various Islands.

I am guessing this party due to supply and demand. You might notice that pricing on the longer cruises seems to be very good from the customer standpoint. Less people willing to take that much time, or spend for extra days.

I agree. We really try to avoid the regular 7 day cruises.

I suspect you are right. We may be to the point of falling through the cracks. Our wants being totally different than their's. Maybe it's time for a few land based vacations but not sure I would like them.

BTW, love Nashville as son lives in Franklin.

If you have not done either of the three major Caribbean trips (East - West & Southern) think about combining two of these B2B.

What about a Trans Atlantic certainly more than 7 days but maybe the airfare would complicate things and not be economical.

Ship positioning cruises thru the Panama Canal ? But pricy !

Ship positioning cruises West Coast not quite 7 days ?

Same East Coast but going to Europe and the Mediterranean - more than 8 days ?

New England cruises with multiple port stops and B2B ?

Then factor in the possibility of using two cruise lines with maybe a day or two land connection ?

There are ways to make you cruise - PLAN !

Even if there were a great nightlife on princess me and mine would still be in bed by 11!! Btw me and mine includes teens an 20 something's. lol

All of us usually beat from12 hour med port stops! Lol

Love the deck movies on princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, MUTS is absolutely wonderful. And I'm a morning person so early to bed and early to rise means i get the whole ship to myself at 0530 watching a beautiful sunrise. :)

If you have not done either of the three major Caribbean trips (East - West & Southern) think about combining two of these B2B.

What about a Trans Atlantic certainly more than 7 days but maybe the airfare would complicate things and not be economical.

Ship positioning cruises West Coast not quite 7 days ?

Same East Coast but going to Europe and the Mediterranean - more than 8 days ?

New England cruises with multiple port stops and B2B ?

Then factor in the possibility of using two cruise lines with maybe a day or two land connection ?

There are ways to make you cruise - PLAN !

I've done this as well. Last Thanksgiving sailed the NCL Epic for 7 nights, came home for a day (OP would probably stay in a hotel or with friends) and then hopped on the Carnival Ecstasy for a 5 night with friends. For me, it was a wild feeling but I loved it!

First of all, NCL is my favorite cruise line.

Seems like there are no longer cruises that fit my wants. With airfare prices up, my want is a Caribe cruise of about 10-12 days. This year I was forced to book Celebrity for a 12 day leaving 12/1. A week is no longer cost effective spending $700+ for airfare + hotel, etc.

Have I outgrown NCL's demographics? I love dealing with my PCC Eddie, enjoy the experience but it seems like they offer limited choices unless you only do 7 days. It it just us or is it NCL? Back to back schedules seem pretty lame so I don't see that as an option.

Like I said maybe we no longer fit their demographics.

Thoughts, opinions or am I just Whiney?

Have you considered a Panama Canal cruise?

Yes, MUTS is absolutely wonderful. And I'm a morning person so early to bed and early to rise means i get the whole ship to myself at 0530 watching a beautiful sunrise. :)

Ditto!! and that also means never having to fight for a lounge chair on the pool deck :D

My husband is not big on cruising. he would rather take a land vacation, but he really wants to do a TA. OTOH, I would find that extremely boring - UNLESS it was nice weather, like the caribbean has. Now a nice 10-day or more visiting different islands, with some sea days mixed in, well, that would be perfect!

Have you considered a Panama Canal cruise?

yep, last day at work is today followed by a 14 day PC cruise and 11 Day Southern carib cruise to celebrate my pending (Feb 1st) retirement from the Army....:) Predominantly longer cruises from here on out...

My thoughts are that if they don't offer what you want out of that particular vacation then pick a ship that does. I don't know about you but my wants vary with every vacation we plan. Maybe NCL doesn't meet what you want from this vacation but that doesn't mean it won't on your next. Not every line is going to be able to meet all your wants every time. The goal is to pick the ship that offers you the majority of your wants for that vacation. Something usually has to give. I find I am better able to meet more of my wants by being flexible about the line I am sailing.

There comes a time when you grow out of a line and mature in your wants and needs in cruising. I started with NCL, the Southward in the 60's and progressed as I wanted to see more, have a different experience and get more bang for my dollar... Went to Holland America which was a good fit, less party, better cabins, Better food and service . Then wanted more with less nickel dime and more inclusive.. went to Royal Viking... Then to Regent/Oceania

NCL is a solid mass market ship, but so are Royal Caribbean, Costa, Carnival, Princess. switching from one to another will not buy much. Rather step up to the premium mass market ships Holland America and Celebrity

THen consider stepping up to a luxury line like Oceana and Azamar, where your fare includes all port and taxes, ( mass market lines add them on to the price) They also include rt air from your home, prepaid gratuities, no charge for many drinks and coffee's and all restaurants no charge are ALL included in the list price... on much smaller ships with 1/4 the passengers, that visit all sorts of unique ports Their sailings are 10 to 20 day.

When I added up all the costs I would have spent, door to door for the entire cruise I was amazed that is cost in many cases less or only slightly more.

a 14 day NCL cruise rt Miami from LA run me $890+154tip+ 987 air + 150 special meals+ 2726 or $194 pp/pd on a ship with 4000

An Oceania 10 day rt Miami is $2850. rt air $285 a day on a ship of 1000.... only 33% more for 300% more in ship experience where everything in inclusive except liquor on both lines.

Loyalty is a double edge sword... you must look beyond just price but to value not only in dollars but in personal value

That is what do you get in return for your $$$

Heat rises, water runs down hill and there is NO FREE LUNCH

When you get tired of driving the 85 Datsun no matter how you slice it or fix it up it will never be a Mrcedes Lexus or bmw nor deliver that level of comfort and pleasure. Its simple growth, and I don't think many would be happy hanging out in places the dug when they were 16.

Ditto!! and that also means never having to fight for a lounge chair on the pool deck :D

HAHAHA!!! So absolutely true!! One morning on the Carnival Liberty i got to watch all of the cabin stewards out on deck making chair hog towel animals. It was really something to see!

yep, last day at work is today followed by a 14 day PC cruise and 11 Day Southern carib cruise to celebrate my pending (Feb 1st) retirement from the Army....:) Predominantly longer cruises from here on out...

Hey, we share the same retirement date (although mine was in 2002)! :D

Congrats on making it through 20+ years in the Army, I thought 20+ years in the Air Force was hard enough! ;)

Enjoy your retirement cruise(s).......I loved mine!!

Thanks all for your suggestions. Since sun and sand are high on my list, I guess land baed or keep doing what I'm doing regardless of line. One of the benefits of seeing the same ports, we know which to stay on the ship.

Anything beats snow and cold - now you know why 7 days are not enough and B2B aren't high on my list as FL can still be a bit chilly.

Thanks all for your suggestions. Since sun and sand are high on my list, I guess land baed or keep doing what I'm doing regardless of line. One of the benefits of seeing the same ports, we know which to stay on the ship.

Anything beats snow and cold - now you know why 7 days are not enough and B2B aren't high on my list as FL can still be a bit chilly.

Your in a comfort zone seeing the same over and over. It's safe and predictable

You want more than a 7 but 14 days scare you! Trust me cruising begins at 10 to 12 days.

Gone is the " I gotta' do this or that". Too the longer you cruise the better the travel costs amortize. At 21 days it becomes even better. At 21 days the different ports, due to sea days becomes even better... and you get into the real cruising tempo.... slow and relaxed. You have plenty of time for your self and longer time away from Colorado.

You want sun and sand? Well consider the south pacific....its way better than anything in the Caribe, less people, less commercial, and way more scenic both above and below water.

Tired of 6+ ships in a port and nothing but bars and jewelry shops... step out and try a whole new venue.

7 days... reall the first and last day are shot either getting adjusted or packing to get off...its really only 5 days.

As it is put , Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Sticking with the same line in the same region is short changing your possibilities

Try something different...longer...out of your comfort zone

Your in a comfort zone seeing the same over and over. It's safe and predictable

You want more than a 7 but 14 days scare you! Trust me cruising begins at 10 to 12 days.

Gone is the " I gotta' do this or that". Too the longer you cruise the better the travel costs amortize. At 21 days it becomes even better. At 21 days the different ports, due to sea days becomes even better... and you get into the real cruising tempo.... slow and relaxed. You have plenty of time for your self and longer time away from Colorado.

You want sun and sand? Well consider the south pacific....its way better than anything in the Caribe, less people, less commercial, and way more scenic both above and below water.

Tired of 6+ ships in a port and nothing but bars and jewelry shops... step out and try a whole new venue.

7 days... reall the first and last day are shot either getting adjusted or packing to get off...its really only 5 days.

As it is put , Insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Sticking with the same line in the same region is short changing your possibilities

Try something different...longer...out of your comfort zone

Great idea but I'm one of the employed with vacation restrictions. Thus, the dilemma. Good thoughts though.

I'm guessing the problem is really a matter of 2 factors....the number of ships NCL has versus other mass market lines and how full the ships are. If NCL was filling out the >8 day cruises, there would be more ships doing longer cruises.

I'd love to do the longer cruises. Unfortunately, I have to work and only get so many vacation days a year. :(