Luggage labels

lostboys

Probably a silly question but as a newbie to cruising do you need luggage labels on your hand luggage or just on the cases the porters take to your cabin? Cruising very soon and dont want any issues at the port if possible! Thanks in advance.

Probably a silly question but as a newbie to cruising do you need luggage labels on your hand luggage or just on the cases the porters take to your cabin? Cruising very soon and dont want any issues at the port if possible! Thanks in advance.

You only need the luggage tags on the bags you give to the porters.

You only need the luggage tags on the bags you give to the porters.

Bob is correct. But, I have often attached one to my hand suitcase, on the very off-chance that I leave it behind on board while waiting for our rooms to be ready. When we needed a wheelchair while on board, I attached one to that, as well. When someone removed it from the hallway outside our cabin, our cabin steward came across it two decks down and was able to returned it.

I tag everything I carry with me. I learned to do that after I forgot to pick up my camera case on the shuttle to the ship. I did get it back, but would have been easier if it were labeled. I just print a couple extra bag tags. I keep them on my things until the cruise is over. Just in case I leave something lay somewhere at one of the ports. I also put address labels on my camera, tablet, binoculars (yes, left them in the Windjammer one time, but got them back too) or anything I don't carry in a bag. Live and learn.......:o

Gwen :)

We put it on the carry on's too, just in case. You never know. If it gets misplaced during a hectic boarding process it will still have your tag and should make its way to your room.

I tag everything! I print out the luggage tags and address labels, then reduce them to 50% size and print smaller ones for the camera, tote bag, purse, carryon, etc. I have a laminator so it all looks professional and holds up very well. You could also do the clear 2" packing tape to "laminate".

We also tag everything -- each bag also has a letter size sheet printed with our last name, cell number and itinerary. It has our flights, hotel, ship and cabin number with the dates. (no home address)

if found by and honest person, they will be able to easily locate us. :)

People may think I am nuts, but I take a real belt and suspenders approach to this.

Everything has a tag on it on the outside, but those can be torn off by careless handling or a luggage cart clipping a wall, etc. Then another printed paper with contact info on the inside of each piece of luggage. Each piece of luggage gets a brightly colored belt to both reinforce in case a zipper breaks and to easily identify my bags at disembarkation, or hopefully prevent someone from just grabbing the wrong bag.

The first picture on my camera is of that contact paper in case the camera is lost; and pictures 2 - XXX are of the luggage pieces so I can identify them to the staff if missing. The camera stays with me on boarding day until I've got all luggage.

It sounds like overkill all typed out but it's just a few simple steps to help ensure luggage doesn't disappear. Or I have good Juju. Not sure.

I do the itinerary/cell numbers, etc. on a piece of paper in each piece of luggage and carry on as well. I don't recall if I put any tag other than our personal luggage tag on the carry on, but I may start putting one with our ship/cabin no., too.

I like the suggestions above, and will start taking ID photos on the camera, too. I think I'll even take pics with my phone, too, including one of the camera!

People may think I am nuts, but I take a real belt and suspenders approach to this.

Everything has a tag on it on the outside, but those can be torn off by careless handling or a luggage cart clipping a wall, etc. Then another printed paper with contact info on the inside of each piece of luggage. Each piece of luggage gets a brightly colored belt to both reinforce in case a zipper breaks and to easily identify my bags at disembarkation, or hopefully prevent someone from just grabbing the wrong bag.

The first picture on my camera is of that contact paper in case the camera is lost; and pictures 2 - XXX are of the luggage pieces so I can identify them to the staff if missing. The camera stays with me on boarding day until I've got all luggage.

It sounds like overkill all typed out but it's just a few simple steps to help ensure luggage doesn't disappear. Or I have good Juju. Not sure.

Thanks. Great ideas....now if only I can remember them. If I had a good memory, I wouldn't have left my camera and binoculars behind in the first place. :p;)

Gwen :)