Enchantment of the Seas vs Carnival Sensation

uscgrl93

Cross-posting on both Carnival and RCCL in the hopes of receiving all the information I can:

A little background info: We are invited to go on a 3-day Bahamas cruise next July. I really, really, really do not like old ships nor do I like short cruises but we are going with a group. The group will consist of competitive dancers between the ages of 5-18 who will be performing a 30-minute show on one of the ships through the "Stars at Sea" program. The dates are set in stone in July and so is the fact that it will be one of these two ships. The group has asked for my input because they know I love to cruise and research so much......but my research is mostly Disney and the newer ships as well as 7+ day cruises. So I need help! I'm having a really hard time providing the group with information because both of these are old ships!

There will be approximately 50-80 dancers depending on who chooses to go and each dancer will be with their family.

So.....given the above information, which ship is better for this group? What are the pros and cons? How are they different? I know NOTHING about either of these ships and the last time I went on an old ship it was awful! That ship has been since retired so I would hope never to repeat that experience. TIA!

Cross-posting on both Carnival and RCCL in the hopes of receiving all the information I can:

A little background info: We are invited to go on a 3-day Bahamas cruise next July. I really, really, really do not like old ships nor do I like short cruises but we are going with a group. The group will consist of competitive dancers between the ages of 5-18 who will be performing a 30-minute show on one of the ships through the "Stars at Sea" program. The dates are set in stone in July and so is the fact that it will be one of these two ships. The group has asked for my input because they know I love to cruise and research so much......but my research is mostly Disney and the newer ships as well as 7+ day cruises. So I need help! I'm having a really hard time providing the group with information because both of these are old ships!

There will be approximately 50-80 dancers depending on who chooses to go and each dancer will be with their family.

So.....given the above information, which ship is better for this group? What are the pros and cons? How are they different? I know NOTHING about either of these ships and the last time I went on an old ship it was awful! That ship has been since retired so I would hope never to repeat that experience. TIA!

No comparison! Enchantment is by far superior to Sensation.

Thank you so much! I got very few replies to this but every single one was in favor of the Enchantment. I will give my group my feedback and see which they end up choosing! The only thing that might sway the decision is that the Carnival ship leaves Thursday and the Enchantment leaves Friday. So we will see. Thanks again!

Enchantment of the Seas,

Enchantment is one of my favorite ships because of the large pool deck area, 73 feet were added to the ship giving her a huge pool deck area, plus a huge island bar, great ship if you enjoy outside space. In addition to the new outside movie screen.

Enjoy!

We're planning on taking the short three night cruise, next July, on the Enchantment....what weekend in July, is the planned trip for the dance group??????

If they choose the Enchantment, it will be the July 10 sailing. If they choose Carnival, it will be the July 9 sailing. But fear not, this group of dancers is extremely disciplined and well-behaved if you are worried about a "bunch of kids" running around the ship. Our dance company prides itself on the behavior of our dancers and they will all be with their respective families.

When I re-read what I wrote about the number of kids going, I can see how some people might be worried! Believe me, I know how annoying it can be with unruly kids roaming around! Had that experience in an NYC hotel last summer! And our dancers were annoyed because they were all trying to get rest for our competition!