Beverage Package - buy on the ship?

mamamzee

Is it more expensive to buy a package on the ship, rather than buy now? I have considerable OBC that won't show up until I board (or so I've been told).

OBC from Celebrity, some from TA, and more from my credit card

All reports I've seen say that the price is the same whether you buy during your cruise or before. Some want to have all expenses taken care of in advance, some want to use OBC or see how they like the classic package before upgrading. No problem either way.

Is it more expensive to buy a package on the ship, rather than buy now? I have considerable OBC that won't show up until I board (or so I've been told).

Did anyone tell you that if you buy the bev package in advance you have to pay in advance and can't use the OBC? However if you wait until on board, you can use your OBC.

Definately best to wait till you board then to use your OBC towards the cost. You can upgrade at Guest Relations, at any bar or there is usually a stall outside the Oceanview Cafe where you can do it. It only takes a minute and you are all set. As Guest Relations can be busy the other locations may be easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Celebrity runs specials all the time with free Classic Beverage Package.

Some people don't qualify for the free beverage packages, even with all the specials and promos. Inside cabins aren't included, most transatlantic cruises, Exciting Deals, last minute bookings, and so on. Plus, some of the discussion here centered on upgrading the free classic package to premium---- same price whether you buy pre cruise or onboard, for the whole package or just the upgrade.