A Single Room For Over $90,000?

trubey

Can someone explain to me, why, when I look up my November cruise on web sites for different travel agents, I see a Class R (single room) listed for over $90,000? HAL's site shows it as over $100,000.

This has to be a mistake, right? susana.

It usually happens when a particular category is sold out.

Never heard of an R class, except on the Prinsendam as it seems to be the only ship with an R category. Lowest cat. on the other ships is usually an MM or NN.

What ship are you on?

I do see that you are sailing on the Prinsendam, November 9th - HAL's web site is showing the price for a Single R category as

$3,859.04 (with air) $3,028.88 (without air)

Look again at HAL's web site.

I've seen that many times before. It's not just because of the new system. Some inside category will list on HAL's site for $101,000.16 orsome wierd amount like that. Never made sense to me. Other cabins showing not available will list the full rack rate.

As an aside, the "R" designated cabin (only one shown on deck plans) on the Prinsendam is a true single cabin with only one bed. It is on the lowest deck of passenger cabins. "Q" is a truly single cabin in the "ocean view" category. There appears to be two of them on the Upper Prom. deck.

While they are pricey for the one occupant, in general the fares are very slightly less than it would be for a single supplement in a double cabin.

As others have stated this happens all the time. Sometimes it shows up like this when a category is sold out. I have also seen it when a guarantee shows. I suspect they may be juggling bookings and cabins, but this is only guess.

Those crazy prices have been showing up for a very long time.

If its listed for $100,327 for two weeks just think of the savings if you get for a mere $99,000. At $7071 per day you'll have a real bargin.

Most of the time when you see a rating anomaly you may need to go to the final price, which is normally correct.

Why is it these pricing problems always err on the high side rather than the low side ??? Its like when the bank makes an error.

Can someone explain to me, why, when I look up my November cruise on web sites for different travel agents, I see a Class R (single room) listed for over $90,000? HAL's site shows it as over $100,000.

This has to be a mistake, right? susana.

No mistake..All the cabins in that catagory are sold out..A HAL Rep explained that to me when we tried to book the "Prinsendam" Amazon Cruise this November..:)

[/color]

No mistake..All the cabins in that catagory are sold out..A HAL Rep explained that to me when we tried to book the "Prinsendam" Amazon Cruise this November..:)

but if someone wants to pony up a hundred thousand for that category, they'll upgrade someone else to make room....:rolleyes:

Some inside category will list on HAL's site for $101,000.16
I was ok with the $101,000 but didn't have any change on me and nobody would trust me for the 16 cents. Couldn't make the booking. Bummer.

I was ok with the $101,000 but didn't have any change on me and nobody would trust me for the 16 cents. Couldn't make the booking. Bummer.

*taking 2 dimes out of my pocket*

Here ya go Pal, ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy yourself something nice with the change *LOL* :)

Archived