4 day pacific coastal cruise

nana51

I've done 4 of these, and have a 5th booked for next May. Obviously I enjoy them. :D That said, I've found activities and service levels to be a bit lacking compared to HAL cruises that are 7 or more days long. The crew seems to be preoccupied with getting ready for the next set of cruises. All venues were open.

Roz

So Roz, does this mean you are sailing out of San Diego on the Noordam in May???? I know someone on the cruise who is doing sail away from the Pinnacle Suite--again!

Diane

Last time I had to stay in Vancouver, I tried out Sunset Inn and Suites (on Burnaby Street, one block from Burrard, one block from Davies). It was located very close to my favourite greek restaurant, Stephos on Davies; and it was a quick walk to downtown, quick walk to the beach, and handy to buses. Inexpensive rates, full kitchen setup, lots of good restaurants near by.

Just checked it out. Looks great! Thanks for the info.

We did a 1-nighter on the Westerdam last week from Seattle to Vancouver. I was surprised that the spa was open and there was a show that night! We embarked on a 5-night repositioning on the NCL Pearl the next day, and while it was very nice, the whole time we were wishing we were back on the Westerdam!

Check out the Blue Horizon on Robson. We've stayed there twice. It's not too far from the terminal, in a nice area of town, and the price is usually quite good.

BTW, we just booked the 4/27 Westerdam cruise. We just returned from a cruise on the Eurodam, and after being home a couple of days we booked a cruise on the Maasdam, now this one. Gee, this is fun! :D

Thank Nana ... I found a similar cruise on the Noordam in May which coincides with DW's B-day. The pricing is the same. The only difference is it arrives later to Victoria ... not sure why.

We are booked on the Noordam for the 4-day cruise on May 5th and also wonder why we arrive later--5 PM. The Westerdam leaves San Diego on April 27th and arrives in Victoria at 2 PM. Both leave San Diego at 4 PM.

It could be saving on fuel, but if that's the case, why not also the Westerdam. However, the Westerdam will be the only ship in Victoria the day it arrives. The Noordam will be joined by the Westerdam, which arrives at 6 PM and the Golden Princess, which is scheduled to arrive at 8 PM. Not much time for those folks.

We've been to Victoria plenty of times, and 6 1/2 hours is enough time for us to revisit the city. Usually, we arrive on a Saturday night where many of the shops close early. At least it will be a Friday night when we dock in Victoria.

Legalslave and KJW,

I'm sailing on the Westerdam's April 27 itinerary. Much as I like you guys :D and would like to see you again, I wanted more time in Victoria.

Roz

I found an interesting Coastal route for Sept 2015 on the Nordam. You take a 3 day cruise, Vancouver to Seattle to Victoria to Vancouver (long days in Seattle and Vancouver). Then you stay onboard for a 4 days cruise from Vancouver to San Diego (stop in in Astoria).

DaveOKC

I had my TA price out that itinerary, and the 3-day Vancouver to Vancouver was ridiculously expensive, so I went to Plan B, which was either the Noordam or Westerdam in May.

Roz

I found an interesting Coastal route for Sept 2015 on the Nordam. You take a 3 day cruise, Vancouver to Seattle to Victoria to Vancouver (long days in Seattle and Vancouver). Then you stay onboard for a 4 days cruise from Vancouver to San Diego (stop in in Astoria).

DaveOKC

Wow, that does sound great! There shouldn't be any PVSA impediment to combining the cruises, should there? I wonder if I have enough vacation time to book it? I'll have to check that out. And convince my DM that we have to go do another coastal cruise!!

Wow, that does sound great! There shouldn't be any PVSA impediment to combining the cruises, should there? I wonder if I have enough vacation time to book it? I'll have to check that out. And convince my DM that we have to go do another coastal cruise!!

Since it is out of Vancouver, I do not see how it is an issue. Its a great option if you want to see Seattle and Victoria, as you are in each for about 16 hours.

Legalslave and KJW,

I'm sailing on the Westerdam's April 27 itinerary. Much as I like you guys :D and would like to see you again, I wanted more time in Victoria.

Roz

Too bad we'll miss you again. Marcia, Joanie and Melodie are also on our cruise.

Check out the Blue Horizon on Robson. We've stayed there twice. It's not too far from the terminal, in a nice area of town, and the price is usually quite good.

BTW, we just booked the 4/27 Westerdam cruise. We just returned from a cruise on the Eurodam, and after being home a couple of days we booked a cruise on the Maasdam, now this one. Gee, this is fun! :D

That is the one we are doing! See you on board.

Now I need to find a good reliable shuttle from Canada place to SeaTac airport. My sister lives there and I'm going to spend a couple of days with her.

I couldn't find it listed on Expedia.:confused:

Edited by nana51

That is the one we are doing! See you on board.

Now I need to find a good reliable shuttle from Canada place to SeaTac airport. My sister lives there and I'm going to spend a couple of days with her.

I couldn't find it listed on Expedia.:confused:

We have used Quick Shuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com/) a couple times to get from Canada Place to Downtown Seattle after repo cruises. They do go all the way to Seatac. I bet HAL will be offering a transfer, too.

Is it the Blue Horizon you couldn't find? If so, just Google "blue horizon vancouver."

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

We have used Quick Shuttle (http://www.quickcoach.com/) a couple times to get from Canada Place to Downtown Seattle after repo cruises. They do go all the way to Seatac. I bet HAL will be offering a transfer, too.

Is it the Blue Horizon you couldn't find? If so, just Google "blue horizon vancouver."

I found it. Looks good. I will also check with HAL for a shuttle.

[quote name='Cruise_More_Often']We have used Quick Shuttle ([url]http://www.quickcoach.com/[/url]) a couple times to get from Canada Place to Downtown Seattle after repo cruises. They do go all the way to Seatac. I bet HAL will be offering a transfer, too.

Is it the Blue Horizon you couldn't find? If so, just Google "blue horizon vancouver."[/QUOTE]

One thing I liked about Quick Shuttle was the free wi-fi. Especially after a cruise, as you can clean up your emails while you travel.

DaveOKC

[quote name='DaveOKC']One thing I liked about Quick Shuttle was the free wi-fi. Especially after a cruise, as you can clean up your emails while you travel.

DaveOKC[/QUOTE]

Dave, we've taken the HAL transfer twice from Vancouver to Seattle and have also looked at Quick Shuttle. I have read posts that they unload all your luggage at the border, and you must get off the bus. Has that happened to you? I recall some have complained about longer delays.

On both occasions, that we used the HAL transfer, the luggage was sealed and we stayed on the bus. All that was needed was our passports. The driver handed them to an agent for processing. One fellow lost his passport and only had his driver's license. The agent let him continue on to Seattle.

We are once again going back to Alaska next May and heading to Seattle after we disembark. The HAL transfer now is $75. Quick Shuttle is an option.

[quote name='Roz']Ken,

I've used Quick Shuttle 3 or 4 times. They're no set procedure at the border, as they want to keep people guessing for obvious reasons.

Roz[/QUOTE]

Roz, We don't get on buses that often, only for excursions and transfers such as a HAL transfer or Quick Shuttle. But on the bus we boarded in May in Vancouver, our knees were pegged on the seatback in front. Recently, they are taking a page out of the airlines playbook--more seats it seems.

It was a HAL transfer and was a very uncomfortable trip back to Seattle. I think we may try Quick Shuttle and hope the ride will be more enjoyable.

Thanks for the info! :)

Ken,

Interesting...

I used HAL's shuttle in May, and Quick Shuttle in September (Carnival didn't offer a shuttle to Seatac, only YVR). Don't remember being uncomfortable on the HAL bus, but then it wasn't full either. On my first 2 coastals, HAL didn't offer service to Seattle so that's how I started using Quick Shuttle.

Roz