Live from infinity TA - October 13-27

ghstudio

hi ghstudio and other TA cruisers! We loved your live tweets (I titter when I say twitter) and was hoping you all might be able to give us your evaluation and thoughts post-cruise.

I am particularly interested in Michael's Club, which apparently I have access to but have no idea what it's all about?

Thanks for all your thoughts!!

Mickie A.

Thanks for the review, GH :). I've had a good laugh along the way - know it probably wasn't that pleasant when you're experiencing the mishaps, but it sounds awfully funny when you're reading them on here :D.

We loved our aft FV on Infinity, however, it wasn't on a TA. Btw, our steward was very kind to us, always bringing me gifts - wine, X bags etc. and we never asked for any of them, nor were we even in a suite :confused:.

Nice to also read a comparison review on the same thread - goes to show how pax can have totally different experiences on the same sailing ;).

Thanks again :).

Sorry to hear about the luggage mess-up. It was very organized when we got there. We waited in the constellation lounge (we didn't have a must leave your cabin time) and when they got near our number, we decided to just get in line to get off...not realizing that there wasn't any line on the ship. When we got to our luggage, I guess we were the first in our group (I think we were group 16 and they had called 15) so it was easy to get our bags out. We were on the Hertz bus incredibly quickly.

GoBucks...I'm curious about the longer waits in Blu than we've experienced before, I asked and was told that suite guests were asked to dine before 6:30 or after 8:30 and they were holding to that, other than the RS. Did you fall in one of those groups or were they actually letting suite guests in at any time?

We never, ever had to wait in a line at Blu. We ate at different times each night but no waits. As a matter of fact, the dining room was never completely full whenever we were there. And no, David did not tell us specific times that we could only eat. He gave us a warm welcome at each meal. The first time we showed up, he and Natalie said "where have you been? We've been expecting you." Always treated us graciously! ! Felt like family. :)

Is there any more info about assignment of disembarkation times?

we will sail on Reflection RT from Miami in Nov. (counting down) We are hoping for Luggage Valet acceptance, but either way need to walk off as early as we can to catch a cab and flight out of FLL at 12:15..,just curious how this is being handled on your cruise, if you know anymore about it...Thank You,

You will have NO problem getting a 12:15 flight out of FLL...we are usually at the taxis by 8 AM and you will be at the airport by 9:30 latest...usually not much traffic and the FLL airport is not far up I95 + the port is close to jump on 95...

We had a totally wonderful time on the cruise, except for our next door neighbors who apparently did not like us even talking on our veranda, as they claimed we woke them up in the morning as we had coffee and toast. They must be VERY light sleepers or had their door open.

As for getting off the ship - we paid for the Celebrity transfer which cost us $33.50 for both of us. We were off the ship at 7:20, sailed through customs and got on an air conditioned bus for the airport. Very smooth all the way and not much more than a cab.

When I collect all my thoughts I will write a full review.

Dan