Live from infinity TA - October 13-27

ghstudio

Thank you for this informative thread

Did you have any heavy wind? How wasthe side to side roll, did you feel the list to the side? Whn we were on the Antarctic cruise in 2010, we hit a Drake Passage storm with 28-30 ft seas and 75 knot winds. Even on deck 7 the roll was exaggerated by a constant list to the port side as we were broadsided by the heavy wind. Plus the wind blast made the sliders hum. We were impressed by ocean worthiness of the Infinity

We are booked in an A1 for the Valpariso/Panama Canal/FLL cruise on her next spring. Looking forward to it

Did you usethe deck 12 above your cabin?

floridatravelersforlife I think we were on your Antarctic cruise. We missed Falklands and actually diverted from our first attempt at Antarctica. Did make it on second attempt. Then on way back had to divert to closer to shore due to winds/wave height.

ghstudio seemed to have some big waves at start of current cruise.

_____

ghstudio,

I would suggest that Celebrity is paying attention to your posts, which is good. I think a big reason is that you are not ranting, but being clear as to events and issues both positive and negative. For sure, there is a perspective included, but that is expected and okay.

Bermuda... Bermuda... Anxious to hear about Bermuda

Know you guys are there (first Cruise Ship wellcomed since Hurricane Gonzalo) cause I saw the Beautiful Infinity all lit up at Kings Warf in the lovely twilight

Truly GORGEOUS scene

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

Lol... Tell us more.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I guess it’s the negative me back again….at least partially. Bermuda was/is great…we’re overnighting. Took the ferry to Hamilton which was very easy $9 RT pp, found an internet café, enjoyed a $7 beer (at least I got good free internet with it) and walked around a little. We came back to the ship around 6 with many others. They had one security person at the xray machines and if they spotted something, that one person had to find it, etc….so the line was long. Perhaps staffing with two people might be helpful…celebrity. Then we went to the elite cocktail event and that had it’s problems. I think the crew deserves a break and they need time on shore, but somehow they need to also staff the events (or don’t have them). Hard to order a drink because of few waiters and when the drinks arrived, my DW’s kir royale had no champagne in it and the replacement chardonnay was warm (and terrible chardonnay, but that wasn’t the waiter’s fault). Hors D’oevers weren’t…never even saw anyone serving them. My bloody mary was ok…it’s hard to ruin a bloody mary, even if you try.

Dinner in Blu tonight at 8…there shouldn’t be a wait, but who knows. We did glance at some dinner menus while walking around Bermuda and the prices were unreal unless you want to pay $80 for a lobster or $42 for lamb chops. We are here until 4pm tomorrow, but not sure what we’ll do…it revolves a bit around the weather. We did have some showers this PM which didn’t effect us, but hoping for a nice blue sky tomorrow, despite the forecasts we saw on the internet. As usual, no officers at elite event. That’s beginning to get annoying….maybe celebrity cruises could send a note to the captain suggesting that he and his officers actually circulate in public and at least one attend the elite event with 500 elites. We’re really nice people and after all, we are supporting their income…..

we saw some damage...a couple of roofs, a couple of sunken boats, some remains of trees that fell....but overall, if you weren't looking, you wouldn't know a hurricane hit,

I can’t say enough positive about the internet experience on this cruise. Granted, we have 480 minutes between my DW and I, but we’ve only used about 280 of those….and you can see how many posts I’ve made to cruise critic which isn’t designed for fast access….it used to take about 10 minutes to make one post on CC…now it’s probably less than 3 and I’m downloading mail and updating quicken at the same time. Thank you celebrity….

The wine sommelier (female) is just outstanding in Blu….best we’ve ever had. I also noticed that they use riedel or equivalent glasses in blu, irrespective of the wine you order. Our experience in the MDR is that you only get those nice glasses if you order a bottle over $80, but that was a long time ago….maybe that’s changed. But I am enjoying drinking wine out of good glasses.

First, a huge thanks for doing this live report. I am following you religiously as we have been on Infinity six times but not since the Solsticizing and we will board her for a Panama Canal Westbound trip on November 4.

Wanted to tell you that on our Eclipse Baltic in June 2013, we were able to get Reidel glasses in the MDR anytime we asked for them. We were even on a beverage package and only drinking wine by the glass and our when we asked our sommelier for the Reidels he brought them for the entire table.

And as to the internet, I am thrilled at the new speed. My question would be, do you think that due to the the "average age" onboard there are less people using it and that's the reason for the speed? I hope it's just because X had improved it.

Again, thanks for a super report.

Jim

Edited by DrKoob

You must have a real problem with those of us that are not elite. To bad we have to sail with you. We must ruin your trip!

I think maybe a tad harsh? That was a little out of the blue...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a nice time in Hamilton, Bermuda today. Walked down Front St. and did a little shopping then visited a lovely Anglican church. Had dinner at Flanagan' s Irish pub (delicious fish chowder and jalapeno poppers). Walked a little more then caught the ferry back to the ship. Supported to rain tomorrow - if so, we'll go to St. George's but if it doesn't then we'll be off to see the pink sand beach of Horseshoe Bay. We have a lovely view off our balcony! :D

Thanks to whoever posted the link to the webcam - looks just like when we were walking back to the ship!

Edited by Go-Bucks!

We had a nice time in Hamilton, Bermuda today. Walked down Front St. and did a little shopping then visited a lovely Anglican church. Had dinner at Flanagan' s Irish pub (delicious fish chowder and jalapeno poppers). Walked a little more then caught the ferry back to the ship. Supported to rain tomorrow - if so, we'll go to St. George's but if it doesn't then we'll be off to see the pink sand beach of Horseshoe Bay. We have a lovely view off our balcony! :D

Thanks to whoever posted the link to the webcam - looks just like when we were walking back to the ship!

Flanagan's is a great place for lunch or dinner....right in the center of town. When we were there we went through the beautiful park in Hamilton with a nice moongate, stopped in the old post office...Second day we took the tour that went to the Bontanical Gardens and then on to St George...nice lunch there at a tavern near the water...very pricey!

Enjoy!

Bermuda... Bermuda... Anxious to hear about Bermuda

Know you guys are there (first Cruise Ship wellcomed since Hurricane Gonzalo) cause I saw the Beautiful Infinity all lit up at Kings Warf in the lovely twilight

Truly GORGEOUS scene

http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/

Lol... Tell us more.

Cheers!

Thanks for the link...Just saw the ship at Dockyard...lit up so nice!

13) Officers:

a. Master: Nikolaos Fantzis

b. Staff Captain: Matthaios Karandreas

c. Hotel: Christos Karavos

d. CD: Alejandro Tortorelli

e. F&B: Zafer Colak

f. Ex Chef: Paul Carroll

Can you tell us who the Captains Club Host(ess) is?

Thanks!

First, a huge thanks for doing this live report. I am following you religiously as we have been on Infinity six times but not since the Solsticizing and we will board her for a Panama Canal Westbound trip on November 4.

Wanted to tell you that on our Eclipse Baltic in June 2013, we were able to get Reidel glasses in the MDR anytime we asked for them. We were even on a beverage package and only drinking wine by the glass and our when we asked our sommelier for the Reidels he brought them for the entire table.

And as to the internet, I am thrilled at the new speed. My question would be, do you think that due to the the "average age" onboard there are less people using it and that's the reason for the speed? I hope it's just because X had improved it.

Again, thanks for a super report.

Jim

Never knew you could ask for Reidel glasses in MDR! Will make sure we ask on our next cruise.

We bought some onboard a few years ago, then added more once home from local store. We have enjoyed them many, many times with many future enjoyment planned. :)

Does anyone know what time the ship leaves? Would love to see that online!

4;00pm Atlantic Time 23rd oct.

For me, noon.....Folks on Eastern seaboard; 1;00pm.

Folks in the UK: 8;00pm.

The webcam operators, based on their normal M.O. will give you about an hour long of the ship, from slacking lines, singling, ''let go all'' ,pushing off, turning around, and heading out. They tend to zoom in right up to the point where the pilot drops off....Fantastic...if the weather cooperates.

Cheers

C

Hi GHSTUDIO and GO-BUCKS!

Thanks for the latest updates. Sounds like you guys are having an ok time in Balmy Bermuda.

4;00pm Atlantic Time 23rd oct.

For me, noon.....Folks on Eastern seaboard; 1;00pm.

Folks in the UK: 8;00pm.

The webcam operators, based on their normal M.O. will give you about an hour long of the ship, from slacking lines, singling, ''let go all'' ,pushing off, turning around, and heading out. They tend to zoom in right up to the point where the pilot drops off....Fantastic...if the weather cooperates.

Cheers

C

Lol, they should organize a Sailaway Party so they all can wave at us their online fan club...

Hey GHSTUDIO... You up for this? I mean seriously would not be too difficult for us all to pick out your Cabin Balcony. :D

Whatever you choose... enjoy the last days of your cruise...

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Does the house band (or anyone else) play music for dancing in the Grand Foyer before dinner?

Any chance of getting an answer?

Not on the M class ships, you have to go to the Rendezvous lounge.

Last year on Infinity TA, there was more activity after 1st sitting, but before 2nd. If you are on 'Select' you will have to plan accordingly.

Edited by upwarduk

Not on the M class ships, you have to go to the Rendezvous lounge.

Last year on Infinity TA, there was more activity after 1st sitting, but before 2nd. If you are on 'Select' you will have to plan accordingly.

Thanks.

We are on Select dining, partly so that we can get in some dancing before and after dinner

floridatravelersforlife I think we were on your Antarctic cruise. We missed Falklands and actually diverted from our first attempt at Antarctica. Did make it on second attempt. Then on way back had to divert to closer to shore due to winds/wave height.

ghstudio seemed to have some big waves at start of current cruise.

_____

ghstudio,

I would suggest that Celebrity is paying attention to your posts, which is good. I think a big reason is that you are not ranting, but being clear as to events and issues both positive and negative. For sure, there is a perspective included, but that is expected and okay.

Indeed we were. I well remember the Argentine mutiny.

GH is providing some great coverage.

It is a rainy day here in Bermuda and even with the rain I hope all the cruisers still have a good day. Stay dry everyone.

You aren't kidding. That webcam is really WET! And from the sound of the wind, the hurricane may be back. Hope that isn't the case.