Discount on Xmas cruise?

MarElz

Did you check the prices today? We scored a xmas cruise on Regal Princess for a song yesterday (deluxe balcony for $600).

same here! We booked the Christmas cruise for $494 + tax. Prices are back up to $878 today though.

Wish we could get cheap cruise over Xmas & New year booked over year half to Board new P/O ship still not completed until 2015 cost us $2664.53pp for inside cabin :eek:

Then again we are flying from U/K

For 2 wk Caribbean Cruise is it worth it in my opinion oh yes every cent :cool:

Happy cruising

I've been booking our Christmas cruises after the final payment date for several years. Some years we don't get to go--but we've managed to fit them in six out of the last ten years plus a couple of cruises that were the week before Christmas.

My biggest recommendation is that you can't get your heart set on one particular cruise. This year I'm watching the prices on a dozen. Last year it was 11. The cruises we ended up taking last year (back-to-back 4-day cruises on the Ruby) dropped in price by more than $300 per person from when I first started watching prices in August. This year, the biggest drop has been more than $500 per person since mid-August. If we go, I'll probably book within the next week.

On the other hand, some of the prices have increased this year. Some categories of cabins that were available are now sold out.

Edited by geoherb

Unfortunately, the only one that makes financial sense is the one leaving from Houston, as I won't need air or hotel and can jump on at the last minute if the prices drop. Since they pretty much have the market cornered for this particular date, it may not happen for me but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!