"Last minute change of itinerary to Halifax, St. John (NB)

junior8

I am reposting a request for information under a different title, per a suggestion I received.

I am leaving tomorrow on RC EOS. We were going to Bermuda but due to the hurricaine we are now going to St. Johns NB and Halifax. I'm trying to read this read quickly for suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggetions? I am going solo. Have never been to these ports and is only my second cruise.

Thanks in advance.

I am reposting a request for information under a different title, per a suggestion I received.

I am leaving tomorrow on RC EOS. We were going to Bermuda but due to the hurricaine we are now going to St. Johns NB and Halifax. I'm trying to read this read quickly for suggestions.

Does anyone have any suggetions? I am going solo. Have never been to these ports and is only my second cruise.

Thanks in advance.

You may have more luck searching for Saint John NB, as St. Johns is in Newfoundland.

Here are two longer threads about Saint John:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1367592

and

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1653563

I suggest you pack a light jacket or sweater as the weather forecast for Tuesday in Saint John is 11C (52F)

For Halifax you can easily just stroll the waterfront and downtown area on your own. Here is a recent post with many links: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2084069

See post #7

You will likely be able to team up with others to go walking about.

Edited by maryann ns

For Saint John, you are also dropped off right in the middle of Uptown. (we call it uptown, even though it is at the bottom of a hill and should be called downtown. Don't ask...) There are lots of quaint little shops and a great market. The NB Museum is also right beside the pier in Market Square - I have not been there in a million years so I am not sure how it is. If you are looking for excursions, Hopewell Rocks are great if it is an option. There are also the St Martins caves. Neither are right in Saint John so there would be a bit of a drive involved.