New Terminal Port Canaveral

pupskate

interesting question which I also pondered on today ...

If a ship is loading/unloading at the terminal the extra traffic will make getting to Grills more difficult is my guess. And few folks departing on a cruise are going to arrive at the terminal but stop at Grills for a bite first .... or on the return grab a bite b4 leaving . . .

OTOH when the terminal has a 'port call' ship I suspect ALL the Cove places will see increased business and Grills being the closest will probably benefit the most ... BUT this may also alienate the local regulars . . .

As a local who has been to Grills MANY times I think the ships at the new terminal will block a good part of the view from the outside bar & the terminal car traffic and spill over parking will be a negative for Grills

It will be a good case study for an MBA candidate I suppose! I was a ship driver and a Computer Science MS kinda guy and now drive the ChooChoo at the zoo so I'm SURE I have no good business sense to apply . . .

Fortunately the owner built a second location a few years ago (which is closer to my house) on the Indian River and it is doing VERY well . . . so I'd guess he can absorb some bumps

I know what you mean. Do you think their business will eventually pick up due to having thousands of cruise passengers within walking distance?

Well since the port already signed an agreement to build a multi-million dollar dining and entertainment complex right on the same grounds in front of the existing dining establishments, I think they(existing restaurants) will have to spruce things up a bit if they expect to stay in the game. All of these owners were against the buildout of the terminal and the new complex.

reference? . . . .

Since you live here, surprised you are not aware?

http://www.floridatoday.com/picture-gallery/news/local/2014/08/28/gallery-the-cove-at-port-canaveral/14756121/

The transformation of Port Canaverals Cove district is officially underway. The 53-acre site would include new retailers, restaurants and still-to-be-determined entertainment venues, and would have a portside village theme. The idea is to create a regional destination for tourists and area residents, according to Matt Taylor, a consultant to the port on the Cove development project. Provided

interesting question which I also pondered on today ...

If a ship is loading/unloading at the terminal the extra traffic will make getting to Grills more difficult is my guess. And few folks departing on a cruise are going to arrive at the terminal but stop at Grills for a bite first .... or on the return grab a bite b4 leaving . . .

OTOH when the terminal has a 'port call' ship I suspect ALL the Cove places will see increased business and Grills being the closest will probably benefit the most ... BUT this may also alienate the local regulars . . .

As a local who has been to Grills MANY times I think the ships at the new terminal will block a good part of the view from the outside bar & the terminal car traffic and spill over parking will be a negative for Grills

It will be a good case study for an MBA candidate I suppose! I was a ship driver and a Computer Science MS kinda guy and now drive the ChooChoo at the zoo so I'm SURE I have no good business sense to apply . . .

Fortunately the owner built a second location a few years ago (which is closer to my house) on the Indian River and it is doing VERY well . . . so I'd guess he can absorb some bumps

I think the soon to depart passengers will visit the Cove the evening before departing and I really don't think there will be any spillover from the terminal in regards to parking. But that's just the opinion of a former visitor and recent resident

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app