New Terminal Port Canaveral

pupskate

Features of the new garage.

The 443,000 SF, three story facility features covered bus parking, simultaneous passenger drop off and pick up, valet parking, rental car parking, and a remote baggage handling conveyor. 1,000 car capacity as well.

This is why I would want to berth Freedom there

From the General Contractors web site

The new two story, approximately 190,000 square foot facility will give Port Canaveral the ability to accommodate some of the largest cruise ships in the world, with passenger and crew counts well over 6,000. The project features state of the art cruise operations and passenger logistics. The innovative design meets the needs of the Canaveral Port Authority, the cruise lines, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection. The facility simultaneously accommodates both embark and debark operations.

The project, designed as the most efficient cruise terminal in the world, features deep concrete pile foundations, concrete pile caps, concrete slab on grade, concrete tilt wall panels, structural steel frame, and an iconic sail feature.

Cruise Terminal No. 1, strategically located on the south side of Port Canaveral, provides both home ported and port of call cruise passengers easy walking access to the nearby dining and entertainment venues at Port Canaveral's "The Cove".

I can see Freedom and Enchantment moving to T1 once it is done. T10 will be used if 2 RCCL ships are in at the same time. T10 most likely is where NCL will go once T1 is finished. Just my opinions of course.

I agree. T10 will be their overflow terminal. I could see T1 being the first choice for day trips due to the proximity to The Cove. Dont CCL and NCL share a terminal?

So where will we get the best view of the ships sailing out if it will no longer be Grills?

Jetty Park or the boat ramps up there. Nothing like the Cove east of new terminal

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

So where will we get the best view of the ships sailing out if it will no longer be Grills?

If you are willing to pay, the Exploration tower would be a great choice as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 5 using Tapatalk

Sailing out of Port Canaveral for the first time in January. I keep seeing references to "The Cove". What is it?

A restaurant district that will include shipping soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"the cove"

is the area of Glenn Cheek Drive that encompasses the trilogy

Grills, Fishlips and Rustys

there are others ..... but THIS is the THREE

The new tower is walking distance

please go and pay admission to support our port commission's folly . . .

"the cove"

is the area of Glenn Cheek Drive that encompasses the trilogy

Grills, Fishlips and Rustys

there are others ..... but THIS is the THREE

The new tower is walking distance

please go and pay admission to support our port commission's folly . . .

Come on, I always smile coming over the causeway at night and see it lit up. Tells me I've arrived

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it was just announced yesterday that the opening of Terminal 1 has been delayed to the end of December, due to it taking longer than they thought to remove the 90-foot deep piles from former cargo piers that were on the site.

The terminal is now expected to open December 27, with the docking of Explorer of the Seas. Freedom of the Seas will be docked there December 28, followed by Enchantment on December 29. Norwegian Breakaway and Carnival Pride will have mid-week docking in early January.

Not sure why Grills and the other restaurants would not still provide optimal viewing for sailaways from Terminal 1, as those restaurants are east of the terminal, and the ships will still be sailing past it to exit the channel.

Looks like it was just announced yesterday that the opening of Terminal 1 has been delayed to the end of December, due to it taking longer than they thought to remove the 90-foot deep piles from former cargo piers that were on the site.

The terminal is now expected to open December 27, with the docking of Explorer of the Seas. Freedom of the Seas will be docked there December 28, followed by Enchantment on December 29. Norwegian Breakaway and Carnival Pride will have mid-week docking in early January.

Not sure why Grills and the other restaurants would not still provide optimal viewing for sailaways from Terminal 1, as those restaurants are east of the terminal, and the ships will still be sailing past it to exit the channel.

Grills, Rusty's, and Fishlips are west of terminal 1.

Last I looked Terminal 1 is East of the Cove area. Grills will have a slight view of it pulling away. I would imagine the ships will turn around in the morning and be docked facing east

Grills, Rusty's, and Fishlips are west of terminal 1.

Last I looked Terminal 1 is East of the Cove area. Grills will have a slight view of it pulling away. I would imagine the ships will turn around in the morning and be docked facing east

Oh, I guess you're both right. I was looking at the wrong place on my Maps satellite view for the location of the terminal.

Wow!! glad no one was hurt. Was there any damage done to Grills?

On the local news the owner said $10,000 to $50,000. A friend of mine who was there this weekend, said it landed on the restrooms.

Edited by rolloman

for perspective .... this was not a 'beam' as such, but actually a piece of sheet piling ,used to build bulkheads in the water. So not TONS, still pretty heavy! Pictures showed it lying on the roof of the building that houses the restrooms with no obvious damage like a collapsed roof, but there is undoubtedly SOME roof damage and possibly damaged trusses under the roof.

It happened early but GRILLS IS open for breakfast . . .

I'll bet the owner of GRILLS falls more and more in love with the new terminal every day ...

for perspective .... this was not a 'beam' as such, but actually a piece of sheet piling ,used to build bulkheads in the water. So not TONS, still pretty heavy! Pictures showed it lying on the roof of the building that houses the restrooms with no obvious damage like a collapsed roof, but there is undoubtedly SOME roof damage and possibly damaged trusses under the roof.

It happened early but GRILLS IS open for breakfast . . .

I'll bet the owner of GRILLS falls more and more in love with the new terminal every day ...

I know what you mean. Do you think their business will eventually pick up due to having thousands of cruise passengers within walking distance?