Nexus/Global Entry

Vict0riann

We just got an email explaining how to use the new kiosks. Will we be able to use our Nexus/Global entry cards at the Port Everglades port when we get back from our cruise?

Unless they changed it since spring, it's airport only.

http://www.cbp.gov/global-entry/locations

In unrelated news, let me know where we're supposed to snap your photo as you leave port.

Edited by POA1

POA, we have a huge roll call - well over 100! I have requested a wave, and said we would be on the seaview pool deck at the aft with a Canadian flag. I mentioned it on the roll call and a few folks have said they would be there. I'm just hoping Maasdam will leave in good time - last year it was after dark; I think it takes a while to load enough for 42 days.

I think I'm going to have to get on to Air Canada about our flight when we return. It's cutting it really fine, even with self-disembarkation.

POA, we have a huge roll call - well over 100! I have requested a wave, and said we would be on the seaview pool deck at the aft with a Canadian flag. I mentioned it on the roll call and a few folks have said they would be there. I'm just hoping Maasdam will leave in good time - last year it was after dark; I think it takes a while to load enough for 42 days.

I think I'm going to have to get on to Air Canada about our flight when we return. It's cutting it really fine, even with self-disembarkation.

So, we shoot the entire back end of the ship as it goes by? Piece of cake. :)

As long as it's not too late, we should be able to get a decent photo using the reflected light off the buildings.

Edited by POA1

It depends which airline you fly. I registered my trusted traveler number with United for my trip last fall and was rewarded with TSA precheck on my way back from Nashville. Apparently Air Canada is now part of the program too.

Just my luck though...we are flying West Jet in Feb and AFAIK they are not yet part of TSA Precheck.

Rae

It depends which airline you fly. I registered my trusted traveler number with United for my trip last fall and was rewarded with TSA precheck on my way back from Nashville. Apparently Air Canada is now part of the program too.

Just my luck though...we are flying West Jet in Feb and AFAIK they are not yet part of TSA Precheck.

Rae

Good to know. Thx for the info.

We plan to ler Air Canada know our trusted traveler number, too, and hope that helps. Mainly we use the cards for driving across the border, but we have used them in TO and BA, I think, maybe LHR, and it all helps!

POA1, do you think you could email photos to me? My address is annmccarthy (at) shaw (dot) ca, if you wouldn't mind.

Edited by Vict0riann