Just back from Star TA

digitaldan1

I'll post a review later, just wanted to provide some impressions.

Food: LeBistro and Cagney's were excellent. Moderno was so-so. If you've eaten at Fogo de Chao or Chima, you'll probably be disappointed.

Dining rooms: often good with the occasional disappointment. Fried chicken was very disappointing. Prime rib and steak dishes were good to very good.

Buffet: not very good for the most part. Croissants and breakfast pastries were nice and the evening made to order crepes were delicious. Other dishes were poor.

Chef's Table: absolutely amazing. Easily the most elaborate meal I've ever eaten and the food was some of the most delicious I've ever had.

Cabin: Deluxe Owner's Suite: excellent suite, good condition mostly. Bed was amazingly comfortable.

Butler: Bagus. One of the best butlers we've ever had. Always happy to look after us even chiding the old battle axe when she went to get me breakfast saying he should be doing that. Always cheerful, pleasant to talk to and very thorough and helpful.

Ship: My mobility's a bit limited these days, so I didn't explore as much as I would have liked. My impression was it was well maintained and had some nice places to hang out. Biggest ship I've ever sailed on, and frankly, I prefer smaller.

We had a great cruise, with beautiful weather. I'd happily sail the Star again!

Thank you! So agree with your assessment of the Star. We have sailed on her three times. The first was in Dec. 2011 on the Panama Canal sailing right before she was used for housing for the Vancouver Olympics and then dry-docked losing her beautiful forward Spinmaker observation lounge and the movie theater. Last fall we booked B2B cruises on her. First a northern Baltic itinerary, including Iceland, followed by her TA back to Miami. All 24 days were really wonderful and we would not hesitate to book the Star again if the itinerary fit our fancy!