Carnival Pride Dry Dock

momof2cruiser

After seeing all the pictures, it amazes me how this ship will be ready to sail in 4 days now. I'm guessing it will leave Freeport Friday night to make it's way to Tampa, but after a 2 1/2 week dry dock it's nuts how contractors can accomplish so much. I'm really interested to see the Fun Times as well and hear all about the ships improvements. I'm on the 11/30 sailing and can't wait.

After seeing all the pictures, it amazes me how this ship will be ready to sail in 4 days now. I'm guessing it will leave Freeport Friday night to make it's way to Tampa, but after a 2 1/2 week dry dock it's nuts how contractors can accomplish so much. I'm really interested to see the Fun Times as well and hear all about the ships improvements. I'm on the 11/30 sailing and can't wait.

When you have many people working on many projects its amazing how much can be accomplished.

Seeing these pictures has me all excited!!!!! :D

If it's anything like the Freedom dry dock in the Spring, everything won't be done. We were the first sailing out of dry dock and while we had a great time. wouldn't recommend doing that again. :) New staff boarding the same time we were, Red Frog opened the last 2 days and we were glad we got to see it, the kids area was still under construction as well as a few other small areas. So they will finish up things while sailing.

It really is amazing what they can do in that short amount of time! We sail on the Pride Jan 18th and can not wait!!!!

Super excited to see the work in progress...only 53 more days to go!!!!

Tink I am right there with you. Reading and seeing all these pictures of the Pride make me super excited. Unfortunately, my family is not as excited as I will, but I will make them crazy with all the updates I keep giving them. Those who sail this Sunday, Happy Sailing and post pictures.:)

Will there be changes to the deck layouts?

I've got an app, Ship Mate, that has good deck plans and I've been memorizing it. I'd hate to have to start over again---well, maybe not i"ll still be excited! LOL

Price from Tampa 2/8/15. Can't wait.

Will there be changes to the deck layouts?

I've got an app, Ship Mate, that has good deck plans and I've been memorizing it. I'd hate to have to start over again---well, maybe not i"ll still be excited! LOL

Price from Tampa 2/8/15. Can't wait.

With all of the "positive and exciting news" surrounding the Pride 2.0 and other updates...which are scheduled to be completed by this weekend, this is an area of disappointment to me. I believe the Prides first cruise post 2.0 updates is this Sunday, 11/9. yet Carnival has not yet updated it's deck plans for the Pride to show these updates. I contacted John Heald regarding this, he informed me the the "new" Pride deck plans would not be available for a couple of weeks after the updates have been completed..they should be available now!!! Who knows when Ship Mate will be updated.

Well we sail this Sunday. We got the email not to arrive till 1:30, which I know they always send out and I disregard, but this one says because of dry dock and disembarking dry dock crew and equipment. Should I pay attention this time???

Well we sail this Sunday. We got the email not to arrive till 1:30, which I know they always send out and I disregard, but this one says because of dry dock and disembarking dry dock crew and equipment. Should I pay attention this time???

Almost everyone will tell you to ignore it, but as I've reported on here before, I got that same letter for a Freedom sailing back in August. Ignored it as did so many other people, and it was an embarkation disaster. I arrived around 10:45 and boarding didn't start for priority passengers until 12:30. I had fttf and boarded as I should have but it was a late start. And during the course of waiting almost 2 hours, come to find out plenty of people got that email. Never again. I could have spent that time relaxing in my hotel instead of rushing just to hurry up and wait. I've changed my new target arrival time to noon. Do what you choose. Sometimes they are legit.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Hey Guys - So after our Freedom cruise, I friended a couple of the Alchemy bar staff on a social media site. One of them is assigned to the new Alchemy Bar on the Pride and he joined the ship last week in dry dock. He's been posting AMAZING pictures of the new Alchemy Bar. It is FOUR TIMES the size of the Alchemy Bar found on the Conquest class! Very sleek and modern, with lots of seating! So fellow Alchemy Bar fans, get excited! If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will do so!

Hey Guys - So after our Freedom cruise, I friended a couple of the Alchemy bar staff on a social media site. One of them is assigned to the new Alchemy Bar on the Pride and he joined the ship last week in dry dock. He's been posting AMAZING pictures of the new Alchemy Bar. It is FOUR TIMES the size of the Alchemy Bar found on the Conquest class! Very sleek and modern, with lots of seating! So fellow Alchemy Bar fans, get excited! If I can figure out how to post pictures, I will do so!

I can't wait, there never seemed to be enough seats at Alchemy when I was on the Sunshine.

Hmmmm....When you say the Alchemy bar is "FOUR TIMES" the size of other Alchemy bars, is that referring to the bar itself, like it used to seat 10, now seats 40, or the bar and surrounding seating area?

What is the Alchemy Bar? I have heard a lot about it, but not sure what it is. Is it some kind of specialty bar or some kind of old world theme back in the time of wizards? Thanks:confused: