"Your Booking is on Hold"

GlendaleCruiser

Apparently, it's a "group" thing. I've never been in a TA group before, always managed my own cruises. CCL says everything is fine with the booking. They had NO answer as to why I got the message, nor did they know why the message said to call the TA ...........OR CARNIVAL since she could not give me more information.

Apparently, it's a "group" thing. I've never been in a TA group before, always managed my own cruises. CCL says everything is fine with the booking. They had NO answer as to why I got the message, nor did they know why the message said to call the TA ...........OR CARNIVAL since she could not give me more information.

as i've gathered, sometimes, perhaps most times (with larger agencies) they book you into group bookings when you book with a ta. how exactly they 'fill that' on every sailing i'm not sure...

i kinda think that's a little 'bait and switch' but that's how they make their money. and a bit disengenuous... but i understand that's apparently how it works....

i know you're not a newbie - i've seen you around for years...

i'd ask carnival about anything you can, given that the ta will actually have control of your booking - but i'd grill your ta hardcore tomorrow. there is no reason your 'booking should be on hold', unless you somehow didn't satisfy their fiduciary requirements...

that is possible too. make sure all payments were made etc. and that there is no reason why you should receive such a statement.

best of luck to you. i would likely never use that ta again, unless there is something we're not seeing yet. :)

I had this happen to me the one time I booked a cruise a cruise critic group sailing. The "booking on hold" message didn't allow me to access the booking until a few weeks before the cruise. Drove me nuts, which is why I don't use a TA anymore, and use a pvp instead. There were something like 150 cabins booked, and I felt trapped until my booking was unlocked. I had paid for my cabin in full around 9 months before the sailing, so I know it had nothing to do with any freeze until money was paid to the TA. Call the TA and ask. I did this, but really got no satisfaction of getting the hold taken off until the TA did whatever she did.