Laundry room

DrJW

Do not worry about this. If NCL treats these ships like their others the laundry room will soon be turned into a cabin. IMO if you have to worry about spending 4$ to wash and dry a load of wash you should really spend your vacation in your back yard.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

The laundry room does not have or cause sound problems. I did find it warm in the room. My only complaint is that shorter ladies and men have to have help to get all the laundry in and out of the dryer! Over my head at 5' 5" and no way to get up to the dryer to check for that last sock. One time Puck the magician (entertainer) helped and the other time a tall lady. Laundry equipment new and in good shape. Soap dispensed for washer but bring dryer sheets. $2 token for washer and dryer and no extra time seemed to be needed. (Insignia Nov 2014)

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

The laundry room does not have or cause sound problems. I did find it warm in the room. My only complaint is that shorter ladies and men have to have help to get all the laundry in and out of the dryer! Over my head at 5' 5" and no way to get up to the dryer to check for that last sock. One time Puck the magician (entertainer) helped and the other time a tall lady. Laundry equipment new and in good shape. Soap dispensed for washer but bring dryer sheets. $2 token for washer and dryer and no extra time seemed to be needed. (Insignia Nov 2014)

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Forums mobile app

There is a step stool on Regatta which eliminates the problem. Not sure if the other ships have one.

We are scheduled for a 16 day cruise (Marina 12/1 out of BA) - can I count on this actually being correct information?

I can't figure out why they offer it sometimes and not others. We have 2x 10 days cruises on Marina thus far. The first (Baltics, August '13) we were offered it and it's a great deal. We went in somewhat expecting this on our last cruise (British Isles, July '14) and it was never offered. Either way, we sent a few items out for dry cleaning/pressing - it's really not that much more than what we are used to paying onshore! We also pack about 1/3 of the "machine washable" stuff we need (and we always spend 3 to 7 days before and after cruise). The $2 tokens are kind of a gift - those laundry rooms get BUSY and can lead to some frustration. THAT is where the frustration the OP has should be - not with the measly $4 per load (wash and dry). Anyways, embarkation day right before Muster can be a good time to get a load through. Also, if you have an early day back from a port, that's another good time. Sea Days are always a nightmare. We plan it all out and this way we never have to overpack and lug tons of luggage around from planes to trains to ships to hotels. You get the point. Smart packing = happier travels. And we are quite glad O has laundry on each floor as an OPTION.

Edited by corpkid

Laundry room cruise Insignia Nov 1-11. Puck the Magician helped me get clothes out of dryer, Nolan the singer helped me with another load. Met the guest speaker in the laundry and later had dinner twice with the delightfully named Sandy Cares! Now if clothes are dirty and chores need doing (was once washing up the snorkel gear in the laundry sink which is bigger than the bathroom sink thank heavens) it is always fun to be entertained by the entertainers or just your fellow travelers.

My tip buy plenty of tokens when passing by reception -- they allow you to turn them in at end of cruise for a total refund. Soap provided but bring your own stain stick and dryer sheets. Baskets are available on Insignia to carry clothes back to cabin without trailing undies over the hall.:p