Divina mini review

lennel

Just off the Divina, I dont know what cruise all the other reviewers were reviewing But just to let you know I am Emerald on Royal and I believe Platinum on Carnival.. The divina was one of the BEST cruises i have been on, The food excellent, our servers Hery in the Black Crab, maitre Dee Tommy, Our room attendant musshy, Were GREAT. The quality of food was excellent, the Oso Buco so good we had 3, Lobster perfectly cooked, Not one complaint here, there were NO problems with communication, All workers spoke english , all had smiles, The show were GREat, espcially the Pirate show which had magic, acrobats, singing, etc. There was even opera. I liked it so much I booked 2 weeks in Greece, and i am canceling my royal caribbean trip to Greece this summer. Andre the cruise director was very good and kept us happy the whole cruise. If you have any qustions just ask, We used the drink tickect package, we also bought the wine package 7 bottles at dinner for 85 dollars, we also bought all the pictures over 250 HIGH quality for 499. You cannot go wrong with this ship.:D

We were also on that ship and we also are avid cruisers. Our opinion was different as far as food quality is concerned in the buffet for dinner. I never saw any beef being served except for hamburgers. They served the same items we had in the dining room 2 days later in the buffet. The lobster was good last night, maybe 3-4 oz. I was just tired of seeing pasta all the time in the buffet and others we spoke with on board felt the same way. However, you get a beautiful ship to cruise on and for a reasonable price.

Just off the Divina, I dont know what cruise all the other reviewers were reviewing But just to let you know I am Emerald on Royal and I believe Platinum on Carnival.. The divina was one of the BEST cruises i have been on, The food excellent, our servers Hery in the Black Crab, maitre Dee Tommy, Our room attendant musshy, Were GREAT. The quality of food was excellent, the Oso Buco so good we had 3, Lobster perfectly cooked, Not one complaint here, there were NO problems with communication, All workers spoke english , all had smiles, The show were GREat, espcially the Pirate show which had magic, acrobats, singing, etc. There was even opera. I liked it so much I booked 2 weeks in Greece, and i am canceling my royal caribbean trip to Greece this summer. Andre the cruise director was very good and kept us happy the whole cruise. If you have any qustions just ask, We used the drink tickect package, we also bought the wine package 7 bottles at dinner for 85 dollars, we also bought all the pictures over 250 HIGH quality for 499. You cannot go wrong with this ship.:D The excursions were very good although we did not go to stirrup cay we went to Grand turk instead, which was better, we did the horseback riding in puerto rico 3 hours of fun. and atv private tour in st marteen

Totally agree with you, I just don't know what people complain about, we also like it very much that we have been on 3 times and have another 2 booked and will book Bermuda when we board next month.

We were also on that ship and we also are avid cruisers. Our opinion was different as far as food quality is concerned in the buffet for dinner. I never saw any beef being served except for hamburgers. They served the same items we had in the dining room 2 days later in the buffet. The lobster was good last night, maybe 3-4 oz. I was just tired of seeing pasta all the time in the buffet and others we spoke with on board felt the same way. However, you get a beautiful ship to cruise on and for a reasonable price.

Its an Italian ship, You will get pasta, but they had rice, potatoes, and all the side dishes and the pizza was New York brooklyn quality not the frozen or dominoes style crap you get on other ships, and in the buffet at lunch there was always meats, and even a whole turkey being carved. And yes the lobster was small thats why u can order as much as you can eat

Edited by lennel

Wonderful cruise with DW. I don't know where the bad reviews come from, but

we had one of the best cruise in quite a while. This ship is just beautiful with a great crew.

Not much different from most other traditional cruise lines.

The food was good,especially in the buffet restaurant. The best pizza on the high seas. All the procciuto you can eat and different cheeses.

And some of the best entertainment of any line out there.

Be not apprehensive because its Italian with more Europeans on board than usual. The atmosphere is just wonderful.

I'm ready to book another one!

we were a group of 16, a few newbies and most veteran cruisers....we all enjoyed the Divina very much.

We ate dinner in the MDR the Black Crab and barring small glitches, no real complaints on the menu and the food, I enjoyed the salmon so much, had it several nights...sirloin and prime rib had by other family members were good.

Bravos to the opera performances....wish the hot tubs were warmer but we enjoyed them....would definitely sail the Divina again, overall we all had a very good experience with MSC Divina.....

We just got off the Divina; we are diamond plus on RCL and elite on Celebrity but absolutely loved the ship, the food and the crew. I loved the CD Andre's sense of humor and the fantastic shows. Not sure why folks complain about a lack of variety of food at the buffet but we didn't experience that issue. Not sure about beef being there but I saw pork, chicken and fish (and not the same stuff served in the dining room as someone mentioned). My husband absolutely loved the international section (all the way in the back - many folks may never have seen it) and enjoyed the fresh cheeses, meats and salads offered there. The pizza was absolutely the best - even better than what we get at home.

We will absolutely sail MSC again!

Marianne

We also just returned and had a wonderful time. My daughter said she wanted to stay forever! :)

We ate most meals in the buffet and enjoyed them all. There was not much beef but lots of chicken, pork and fish and yes several types of pasta and wonderful pizza.

I also really enjoyed the desserts which I usually don't bother with in other lines as they tend to be lackluster. Oh and the abundance of fresh fruit as refreshing and nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great to hear you enjoyed the Divina. We went on her in July 2013 and had a fantastic time. Was worried about the negative reviews before the time and found all these to be UNfounded!

We booked on MSC again in June 2015 - Northern Europe on the (then) refurbished Sinfonia. I am sure we will have a great time. Treat the staff with friendliness and respect and they'll treat you like KINGS !!!

Just off the Divina, I dont know what cruise all the other reviewers were reviewing But just to let you know I am Emerald on Royal and I believe Platinum on Carnival.. The divina was one of the BEST cruises i have been on, The food excellent, our servers Hery in the Black Crab, maitre Dee Tommy, Our room attendant musshy, Were GREAT. The quality of food was excellent, the Oso Buco so good we had 3, Lobster perfectly cooked, Not one complaint here, there were NO problems with communication, All workers spoke english , all had smiles, The show were GREat, espcially the Pirate show which had magic, acrobats, singing, etc. There was even opera. I liked it so much I booked 2 weeks in Greece, and i am canceling my royal caribbean trip to Greece this summer. Andre the cruise director was very good and kept us happy the whole cruise. If you have any qustions just ask, We used the drink tickect package, we also bought the wine package 7 bottles at dinner for 85 dollars, we also bought all the pictures over 250 HIGH quality for 499. You cannot go wrong with this ship.:D

I was on the same cruise and loved it! the ship is magnificent and the excellent service. the servers are very attentive and friendly. the food is fantastic (pasta, risottos, osso bucco, polenta, gelato, pastries, etc.). The buffet is also very good. Awesome shows. I will return very soon.

Hi all,

I am still on the Divina, we just docked in Miami an hour ago, and I'm laying in bed and I want to say something. I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!

I don't know what people are thinking, this has been our top 2 cruise, and the ship is amazing amazing amazing. The dining room service was perfect and GELU took amazing care of us. The international crowd was awesome, only 1200 Americans in this sailing. Ok ok I guess I have to get up now.

Hi all,

I am still on the Divina, we just docked in Miami an hour ago, and I'm laying in bed and I want to say something. I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!!!!

I don't know what people are thinking, this has been our top 2 cruise, and the ship is amazing amazing amazing. The dining room service was perfect and GELU took amazing care of us. The international crowd was awesome, only 1200 Americans in this sailing. Ok ok I guess I have to get up now.

Thanks, the early reviews made me think I made a mistake. But lately most of the reviews have eased my mind and I can't wait for my B2B starting after Thanksgiving. Looks like it's going to be a nice day in Miami. Any secret hints you can give me? Bob

Divinanow_zps4b4f4c63.png

Edited by CTBob

Its an Italian ship, You will get pasta, but they had rice, potatoes, and all the side dishes and the pizza was New York brooklyn quality not the frozen or dominoes style crap you get on other ships, and in the buffet at lunch there was always meats, and even a whole turkey being carved. And yes the lobster was small thats why u can order as much as you can eat

Agreed. All I can add is that I am soooooo glad my Celiac (Gluten allergy) wasn't diagnosed before my Divina cruise in May. Oh the bread, oh the pasta, oh the pizza! :D

I could not agree with you more

Was on the Divina in December 2013, loved it so much we are going again 11/12/14 and again 02/22/15

We are Diamond plus on Royal and Elite on Celebrity and Princess

Sent from my iPhone using Forums