Buying liquor

chefjellynow

If you call guest services they will have whatever bottle and mixers you'd like waiting in your room....for a charge of course. Its been a while since I did it but I seem to remember paying in the $70 range for a liter of Makers Mark.

Never tried to do it once onboard. If you do make sure that you wait until you're in international water and they stop charging the port sales tax.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Edited by vjl67

OP you can purchase a bar setup through NCL, which will put a bar liter of booze in your cabin, along with a selection of mixers and garnishes. You can contact NCL directly for information or to arrange.

There have been recent accounts here on this forum where people indicated they have purchased a bar setup for their stateroom on the ship. I do not know for certain if this is possible...

Here is a thread from last year describing what's available and prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1809859

and a more recent account...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2079666

They dont let you

you can NOT buy a bottle of liquor aboard for consumption. This includes if you try to bring it aboard and try and pay corkage.

they'll basically take it away and keep it for the entire trip and return it to you the night before you get back home.

Not true. You may purchase bottles of alcohol on board. However, it is more cost effective to order it before you sail. By pre-ordering you pay a $3 fee in addition to the price of the bottle. If you but on board you will pay a 15% gratuity.

A bottle of Smirnoff will cost $83 pre-ordered or $92 if ordered on board.

Edited by Cubechick

Not true. You may purchase bottles of alcohol on board. However, it is more cost effective to order it before you sail. By pre-ordering you pay a $3 fee in addition to the price of the bottle. If you but on board you will pay a 15% gratuity.

Ah i misunderstood the OP ask, I thoguht OP meant acutally buying a something offshore/from the duty free shop.

I tried to buy one of the walkers at the duty free shopping on the breakaway and they wouldn't let me open it for consumption on board.

...However, it is more cost effective to order it before you sail. By pre-ordering you pay a $3 fee in addition to the price of the bottle. If you but on board you will pay a 15% gratuity.

Sorry, but this is no longer true either. You will be charged the service fee and tax whether you buy it onboard or before. Changed a month or so ago.

Thanks for all the input. I just saw a complete drink menu from every restaurant and bar on the boat(thanks gambee) and the prices are great! We live in NYC and pay on the average $3 more per drink here at home. So its a win for us just to buy drinks therefore we can have the variety at any time.

Jason

I could not find any info on the NCL site but was wondering about buying a bottle of liquor on board. i know it will be expensive but would love to have some handy and legally lol.

Thanks

Jason

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2096060

I used to get a bottle for Bloody Mary's in the morning, now I just get the UBP, bartender had no problem giving us a round of shots to go

Thanks for all the input. I just saw a complete drink menu from every restaurant and bar on the boat(thanks gambee) and the prices are great! We live in NYC and pay on the average $3 more per drink here at home. So its a win for us just to buy drinks therefore we can have the variety at any time.

Jason

qft

Yep. I used to do this but they've priced themselves out of the market. More reason to smuggle. When will they learn?

Yep. I used to do this but they've priced themselves out of the market. More reason to smuggle. When will they learn?

Yep, now with the new rates, you pay $4.60 per drink instead of $4.15. Thats if you do 20 drinks per liter. That $0.45 makes me want to smuggle!:eek:

20 drinks per liter is a pretty strong drink.

Edited by rvsullivan

Yes, you can now buy a bottle on board and have it delivered to your room. (This was as of last week on the Getaway. Not sure if it will be available during spring break, etc) All of the bar menu's will show the prices of the bottles on the menu. You will also pay the 15% tax. They will not give you the bottle at the bar but will call room service and room service delivers it to you. We had already ordered bar set ups in advance so I am not sure how long it takes but a man next to us at the Atrium bar ordered and they told him room service would bring it to his room in about 15 minutes.

You still can not buy from the duty free shop and take it to your room though. :)

I could not find any info on the NCL site but was wondering about buying a bottle of liquor on board. i know it will be expensive but would love to have some handy and legally lol.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Jason,

I just completed transaction for bottle (1lt) vodka.$103

Call guest services - I went through my reservation # - they connected me to rep - everything completed in a few minutes.

If you want to see the list- search CC for NCL Bar setup-