Spa/Thermal Suite/Salt Room on Breakaway

Freckles83

hey just wondering if anyone has any personal pictures of the Spa Pass area's of the Breakaway?

Also does anyone have any experience with how quiet it is in the heated ceramic chair area? From pictures I've seen online it looks like the thalassotherapy pools are right behind them and i know those pools can be quite loud. In the past (on other cruise lines) I've enjoyed reading a good book while warming up on a heated lounger and was wondering if that was going to be possible with what looks like a very open concept. Does anyone have any info/anecdotes about their own personal experiences in the spa?

Also i know its been addressed in other forums but just maybe for the cruisers that have just been on the breakaway can anyone confirm that the spa passes can be bought before the ship embarks at the pier? I know someone (sorry i can't remember now who) has posted on here that it was possible to buy at the pier before, just wondering if anyone who has sailed on the breakaway in the past week or two can confirm this?

Thanks! i look forward to your responses :)

Yes, there was a table set up at the pier to purchase it before boarding. If your sailing during cold weather the spa will probably be crowded. I sailed the BA last year and this year. I had the spa pass last year bc it was included in my cabin category (Haven Spa Suite) I didn't purchase one this year. I mostly used the spa after we had dinner, about 8:00. Most times we were the only ones in there at that time. The spa closes at 10:00. There a lot of chair hogging for the heated loungers but if I saw an empty one with a towel on it I took the towel off and used it. There's about 12-14 heated loungers and if it wasn't being used I felt it was up for grabs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I've found all the spas on NCL (and probably other lines? not sure, since I seem to be only sailing on NCL - but trying Celebrity in November) really loud. When the thal. pool has the power water thing running (which seems to be 99 % of the time), it's really hard for me to concentrate on a book. I somehow can fall asleep on the lovely heated loungers, but reading is tough. And I'm still trying to figure out what the exalted salt room does....I think it's a bit of a placebo thing for the people that feel refreshed and relaxed after sitting in a strange little yellow hued room with salty residue on the walls.

I thought the BA spa was too loud and too crowded. It also seemed very "unkempt"- towels and dirty cups not picked up and scattered all over the place. It did not have a very relaxing vibe at all. I like the spa reas on some of the older ships much better. I didn't want to be in there for even a few minutes much less pay them $199 to let me in.

I thought the BA spa was too loud and too crowded. It also seemed very "unkempt"- towels and dirty cups not picked up and scattered all over the place. It did not have a very relaxing vibe at all. I like the spa reas on some of the older ships much better. I didn't want to be in there for even a few minutes much less pay them $199 to let me in.

That sounds disappointing.

I have only used the Spa on the Epic we had a spa haven suite. I loved the spa on that ship. I was going to passes for my upcoming BA cruise, I will rethink it :(

thanks for the responses. maybe i ought to check it out first. i know sailing with HAL in the past their ceramic loungers were in a separate room from the pool and it was so soothing and quiet in there, great for getting into a good book. thank you all for the helpful advice.

hey just wondering if anyone has any personal pictures of the Spa Pass area's of the Breakaway?

Also does anyone have any experience with how quiet it is in the heated ceramic chair area? From pictures I've seen online it looks like the thalassotherapy pools are right behind them and i know those pools can be quite loud. In the past (on other cruise lines) I've enjoyed reading a good book while warming up on a heated lounger and was wondering if that was going to be possible with what looks like a very open concept. Does anyone have any info/anecdotes about their own personal experiences in the spa?

Also i know its been addressed in other forums but just maybe for the cruisers that have just been on the breakaway can anyone confirm that the spa passes can be bought before the ship embarks at the pier? I know someone (sorry i can't remember now who) has posted on here that it was possible to buy at the pier before, just wondering if anyone who has sailed on the breakaway in the past week or two can confirm this?

Thanks! i look forward to your responses :)

We had a spa cabin so we got access but I know they had week passes for sale. We used it constantly and sometimes it was noisy and sometimes not!! I have headphones so I was very relaxed but I did find it noisier than the Pearl. The pool is right behind the tiled loungers with a Jacuzzi there as well...I definitely loved the T pool and the loungers!!

That sounds disappointing.

I have only used the Spa on the Epic we had a spa haven suite. I loved the spa on that ship. I was going to passes for my upcoming BA cruise, I will rethink it :(

We loved the spa passes on the Breakaway. It was always clean when we were there (used it daily), and never crowded. I had no trouble reading.

Been on the BA twice - a year ago and just last March. I purchased a spa pass each time. They were not for sale at the pier, but the spa was open when we boarded and DH and I went straight there to get me one. The spa is my "excursion" - I prefer it to anywhere in Orlando or Nassau.

Obviously, I love the BA spa. Yes, it can be noisy, but there were more peaceful times than noisy ones. The loungers on the far port side are far enough from the pools that the churning water sound is negligible. But frankly I found it calming, kind of "white noise" like.

Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy the BA, she's an amazing ship. :)

Been on the BA twice - a year ago and just last March. I purchased a spa pass each time. They were not for sale at the pier, but the spa was open when we boarded and DH and I went straight there to get me one. The spa is my "excursion" - I prefer it to anywhere in Orlando or Nassau.

Obviously, I love the BA spa. Yes, it can be noisy, but there were more peaceful times than noisy ones. The loungers on the far port side are far enough from the pools that the churning water sound is negligible. But frankly I found it calming, kind of "white noise" like.

Whatever you decide I hope you enjoy the BA, she's an amazing ship. :)

agh thanks!! this message made me really excited again for my trip. I've never been on the BA. Ive sailed on the SS Norway, Jewel and Dawn years ago. Actually i haven't sailed with NCL in a number of years so I'm quite excited to get back to them and have some fun. sailed with HAL my past couple cruises and they were relaxing and enjoyable but i know me and my husband are both really looking forward to something new.