Wine/ champagne

Gbnut1

If it is in your hand luggage, they will see it and check that you only have maximum 2 bottles per cabin.

If it is in your checked luggage, expect a call to the "naughty room" where you will have to open your case and reveal its contents. Not sure how they would handle that since they will not know if you brought your limit in in your hand luggage.

we have done both and we've never had a problem or been called to any "naughty room". Just pack your wine where it's convenient and don't worry about it. Worst that can happen is that you have to go somewhere, show them the bottle and then they'll bring your bag to your room.

Either...

But for a variety of reasons carry on is safer / easier than checked.

Lol... Porters do seem to love throwing / stacking luggage high. I would not want to start my cruise with wine soaked / stained clothing !!

As for the Naughty Room... I don't take any chances when i pack (alcohol or Otherwise)... I have better things to do on E-Day than add that detour into my busy schedule, and have my luggage delayed

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I've also done both with no issue. Actually once I put 2 in checked bag and carried on 2, again no issues.

I suspect if I had 3 in either place then I'd have lost those, so I kept it to 2 checked 2 carryon. It's not like they log bottles and cross reference carryon records to checked baggage records.

When boarding does it have to go in hand luggage or can it go in suitcases?

Thanks Susan

it is PREFERRED that you hand carry it, to reduce the risk of breakage in checked luggage which can not only ruin your stuff, but other pax as well.

there is no requirement that it must be so, but if you do check it please take appropriate precautions.