Fttf Ecstasy

Wave61

Not sure what make of this. Hubby and I are taking our first cruise in Feb. I am constantly checking the posts here and always learn something new each time. I keep reading posts about how quickly fttf sells out. It came up last May and I didn't waste any time buying it. It is still available, hasn't sold out so now I'm wondering if it was really necessary for a for night cruise. We decided to book an inexpensive cruise to see if we like it.

Not sure what make of this. Hubby and I are taking our first cruise in Feb. I am constantly checking the posts here and always learn something new each time. I keep reading posts about how quickly fttf sells out. It came up last May and I didn't waste any time buying it. It is still available, hasn't sold out so now I'm wondering if it was really necessary for a for night cruise. We decided to book an inexpensive cruise to see if we like it.

FTTF is never necessary, but we do find it worth the money. On a shorter cruise in February, there will likely be fewer platinum/diamonds, so more FTTF slots will be sold. We like being able to get on the ship early and have our room ready. We generally drive at least twelve hours overnight, so it's worth it to us to be able to grab a nap and freshen up before muster drill. Also, being able to carry off our own luggage and be first off the ship after platinum and diamond self assist is a big perk to us since we will have a long drive home. So a lot of the value of FTTF really doesn't have to do with the length of the cruise. I recommend you try it once and see if you find it worth the money. Not everyone does. Happy cruising!

I've been blessed to have taken enough cruises to be platinum before FTTF, but after experiencing the advantages I would have done it before. Here's why.

Embarkation is a two wave experience for cruisers. Some go early, get in line and are the first aboard. They wait a little, or worst case, a lot for that experience.

Others go late, are in no hurry and arrive at port around 2-3pm like it's not a big deal for a cruise vacation. It's their trip, and good for them. We arrived late in Boston last summer for a cruise aboard the Glory and it made me never want to fly in the day of, or be late in our drive to Galveston to cruise again.

When you are on a 4 night cruise it's really three full days and four nights if you arrive late. Do this, arrive early, even if you don't take advantage of FTTF. By early, I mean at 10:30 - 11:00am. It's a gamble without FTTF but they let people on in groups, and our cruises this year have been where all groups were boarding by 11:45am. So why?

Go see you dining table, if there is a problem you can get it fixed early.

Go see the ship. Fantasy class ships are easy to navigate, so walk around. Go in the theater, take some photos from the forward open decks, start at the top and work you way down then you will have worked up an appetite for lunch.

On the Elation there are a few tables on two fantail decks behind the lido buffet that have great views of the port and people watching.

I think you get my point that by boarding early you get a real day aboard the ship versus being rushed. My family laughs at me, but before the sun sets on 2014 we will have sailed the Triumph 4 times from Galveston. Every time we leave home by 9:30am and it's only 37 miles away. I do exactly what I described above.

Enjoy cruising.

Edited by BallFour4