A little over 1 day in Miami. Worth a South Beach hotel?

NoMoreRain

We fly in to FLL on Friday about 5:30PM and don't depart on the NCL Epic until Sunday morning.

Our plan is to spend Saturday bumming around South Beach. Is it worth it for the extra expense of a motel there? So far the Sleep Inn at the Miami Airport has the best rates with my rewards card. There will be three adults and two kids. Google says it's about a 19 minute drive from Sleep Inn to South Beach.

What do you think?

If you're with kids I figure you won't be hanging out in South Beach at night, so I would just drive there. If you don't have a car, allow for about $70 round trip taxi from Sleep Inn.

Edited by royalcruz

Personally I would not stay at the airport hotel if you have a full day in Miami.

I would consider South Beach if the family likes the beach and the idea of walking around south beach. Or I would stay downtown where there are other things also available for the family.

Keith

I would also stay in South Beach and not stay out at the airport. The airport is a dismal area.

South Beach is pretty tame at night. There are plenty of good family restaurants there as well as lots of things to do by day.

Tons of families on the weekends.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I posted on one other thread, but figure I'll ask here too. What is anyone's opinion about staying at either Courtyard by Marriott in South Beach? One on Lincoln and one on Collins? Is one better than the other, pool, location? I have points I can use, but not sure which one is better. During the day going to the pool/beach. Travelling with my daughter - 23 for 2 days before a cruise the end of January to chill out. Thanks for any advice.

Allison

Hi,

I posted on one other thread, but figure I'll ask here too. What is anyone's opinion about staying at either Courtyard by Marriott in South Beach? One on Lincoln and one on Collins? Is one better than the other, pool, location? I have points I can use, but not sure which one is better. During the day going to the pool/beach. Travelling with my daughter - 23 for 2 days before a cruise the end of January to chill out. Thanks for any advice.

Allison

You mean Washington not on Lincoln right?

The one on Collins is not in South Beach, it is in Mid Beach.

The South Beach Courtyard Marriott has a really cool rooftop pool, has a great location. I would stay there.

Thanks!! Yes, the one on Washington. Booked it using points -- even better.

Anything else you can tell me about the area around that hotel? Restaurants, getting to the beach? Do you know if they have chairs for rent or are they even available? Can't wait to get there. It's 5 degrees here brrrrhhhh

You mean Washington not on Lincoln right?

The one on Collins is not in South Beach, it is in Mid Beach.

The South Beach Courtyard Marriott has a really cool rooftop pool, has a great location. I would stay there.