Booking Multiple Guarantee Rooms Question

livingis2me

Any experience from those of you who have booked multiple room with a guarantee category? Do they try to put the rooms next to each other or close to one another?

I have my family of 5 booked in one of the 5 person OV rooms on the Getaway and I'm having 2nd thoughts about having us all in one room. We booked it with KSF, otherwise I'd have never considered only having one room. There are now guarantee categories that I can split my family up into 2 rooms for very little extra $... But I'd prefer to be close together.

Thanks,

Ron

guarantee is just that a guarantee to be in that category you book and maybe higher. If booking this you first of all must be happy with any location on the ship.

If you want to be close together book specific cabins, you could realistically one canon could be deck one at the bow and one could be deck 12 to the stern.

I assume you are talking about your upcoming GA cruise? If so, your pretty much stuck the way it is because you would essentially have to cancel your cabin and rebook with the appropriate number of people and the additional cabin, which would cost you more than it's worth. Even if they were allow you to do it at just the additional cost, with the sailing a week away, most guarantee cabins may have been assigned with just a few scattered cabins left in different locations.

On our upcoming Epic cruise, my Mother booked 2 inside GTY and both cabins were assigned on the same day (somewhere 100 days out). Both cabins are on the same deck, literally around the corner, one is portside and the other starboard, back to back. In our case it worked out. But my brothers are teens so it wouldn't of been a real issue had they been in different sections. My BX cabin was assigned the same day as hers and I ended up on the 2 decks down (but that maybe because I had a balcony).

guarantee is just that a guarantee to be in that category you book and maybe higher. If booking this you first of all must be happy with any location on the ship.

If you want to be close together book specific cabins, you could realistically one canon could be deck one at the bow and one could be deck 12 to the stern.

I understand that. I've been cruising for a while now, just not on NCL... Disney and RCL for the most most will try to get you together. I'm just questioning those who've booked multiple GTY rooms for there travel party if they were placed close to one another. It wouldn't be the end of the world to us if we ended up separated. But if I had people's input who have done it and a majority of them got close together, it may sway my decision.

Thanks for your reply.

Ron

I assume you are talking about your upcoming GA cruise? If so, your pretty much stuck the way it is because you would essentially have to cancel your cabin and rebook with the appropriate number of people and the additional cabin, which would cost you more than it's worth. Even if they were allow you to do it at just the additional cost, with the sailing a week away, most guarantee cabins may have been assigned with just a few scattered cabins left in different locations.

On our upcoming Epic cruise, my Mother booked 2 inside GTY and both cabins were assigned on the same day (somewhere 100 days out). Both cabins are on the same deck, literally around the corner, one is portside and the other starboard, back to back. In our case it worked out. But my brothers are teens so it wouldn't of been a real issue had they been in different sections. My BX cabin was assigned the same day as hers and I ended up on the 2 decks down (but that maybe because I had a balcony).

Thank you.

No one can answer this for you. You're so close to sail date the available rooms are probably scattered and picked through.

You are probably right.:) However, when i did a mock reservation today I was surprised to see dozens and dozens available (and many close to one another) balcony rooms for a cruise only a week away.

Thanks,

Ron

I think it also depends when you book and make sure that they notate that the parties in each of the cabins are traveling together. My Mom booked both cabins at the same exact time, both were paid off at the same time. But as you know with guarantee it's a crapshoot.

We did try to call and have the boys moved to the inside cabin immediately in front of mine and NCL did now allow any moves, even if it was to a "lesser" category cabin, but they would allow her to upgrade them. My Mom wanted to upgrade her cabin to a balcony (and keep them inside) but would have put her at a guarantee and she did not want to risk being separated.

5 in a cabin is quite a bit, if you can't separate the cabins, is there an alternative larger cabin for a small fee?

You are probably right.:) However, when i did a mock reservation today I was surprised to see dozens and dozens available (and many close to one another) balcony rooms for a cruise only a week away.

Thanks,

Ron

It's definitely worth a shot... I would at least inquire. I think your major issue is really that it may be considered a cancellation vs. cabins being close.

We booked cabins for our extended family and us on the Getaway and we ended up not only on the opposite sides of the ship (1 on port and other on starboard), we were also opposite directions (front and back) from each other. Both rooms were booked together at the same time and same names. ;)