Thomas Cook

lizdave

Thanks for the link lizdave, they look comfortable enough, I'll find out in 4 weeks.

The trouble is when you only have 1 cruise a year (sometimes 1 every 2 years) you end up looking forward to it so much that your wishing your life away waiting for it to come instead of putting it to the back of your mind and just looking forward to what's happening at present.

Not that I don't enjoy my life from week to week, but there's always the thought of the cruise in the back of my mind taking priority.

Well that's my mind anyway, when I retire I'm looking forward to being able to take advantage of a few last minute deals and fit a few more cruises in.

Sorry about the lecture, I know that that's not what this thread was about, I'll be in trouble from somebody for that no doubt.

Thanks again lizdave,

Rick.

Rick

We have flown both the old Thos Cook 3-3-3 configuration and US Airways which are 2-4-2. The 2-4-2 is much more acceptable.

Cb

I concur wholeheartedly, which sort of kicks the dreamliner into touch..:)

Edited by terrierjohn

Not really because our experience of the Dreamliner is that it can knock up to an hour off the flight time.

Cb

Which will be due to the weather and not the aircraft type.

Quite so, comparing optimum cruise speeds (913 vs 871Km/h) you might be 20 minutes faster to Barbados in a 787 vs an A330. But, for me, this in no way trumps the benefit of a 2 person window row for myself and my wife.

My understanding in regards to the Dreamliner is that because of its updated spec as opposed to the other aircraft it is cleared for longer distances from land and subsequently does get to Barbados quicker. We have afriend taking off 30 minutes before us and we arrive 30 minutes before them on the Dreamliner.

…Space/comfort to me is the most important part of the flight.

I agree - but for me seat width is more important than legroom. I'm hoping that the 3-3-3 layout isn't too tight. Fingers crossed - I'm on a dreamliner in Feb.

My understanding in regards to the Dreamliner is that because of its updated spec as opposed to the other aircraft it is cleared for longer distances from land and subsequently does get to Barbados quicker.

I know that the Dreamliner is ETOPS certified, but I didn't know there were different levels of ETOPS certification. If so I'm extra happy - a shorter flight is great.

However - a couple of years ago we had a tail wind and got to BGA early - we then had to wait 65 minutes on the plane as there were no steps available!

I hate flights - but I love the fact they take you to sunny places!

I agree - but for me seat width is more important than legroom. I'm hoping that the 3-3-3 layout isn't too tight. Fingers crossed - I'm on a dreamliner in Feb.

I know that the Dreamliner is ETOPS certified, but I didn't know there were different levels of ETOPS certification. If so I'm extra happy - a shorter flight is great.

However - a couple of years ago we had a tail wind and got to BGA early - we then had to wait 65 minutes on the plane as there were no steps available!

I hate flights - but I love the fact they take you to sunny places!.

We have flown Manchester to Barbados on around 20 occasions and the Dreamliner flights last Nov/Dec where the quickest by an average of 35 minutes; coincidence ???

BTW the Thos Cook refurbished A330 are flying from Manchester only, commencing December.

Cb

We have flown Manchester to Barbados on around 20 occasions and the Dreamliner flights last Nov/Dec where the quickest by an average of 35 minutes; coincidence ???

BTW the Thos Cook refurbished A330 are flying from Manchester only, commencing December.

Cb

I have had discussions about this on past threads. Last time I looked on a site (can't remember which) where it looked as if it was an 320 that would carry us in Feb.

If it is one of the refurbished aircraft then so much the better.

My understanding in regards to the Dreamliner is that because of its updated spec as opposed to the other aircraft it is cleared for longer distances from land and subsequently does get to Barbados quicker. We have afriend taking off 30 minutes before us and we arrive 30 minutes before them on the Dreamliner.

It has an etops rating of 330, this is of no benefit on an atlantic crossing and would not make the journey any quicker.

We travelled with Thomas Cook to Barbados in March this year and we were quite impressed with the flight. Lots of legroom and the back four rows on either side were configured 2-3-2, so we reserved a 'two' which was ideal. We thought the food was good too! ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums