Which resort?

BiXLL

Have been reading through posts and reviews for days and still can't make up my mind. Our group will consist of 4 adults in their 50s, no kids. A few of us like to snorkel, the others like the beach and pool as well as drinks and food. Help me decide, what would you recommend?

Papitos Secluded Beach

Chankanaab

Mr. Sanchos

Nachi Cocom

Edited by BiXLL

Chank offers what you want (beach plus snorkel spot), but comes with a $20 per person admission fee plus pay-as-you-go food/drinks.

Nachi is AI for about $55 each, and offers a snorkel tour (about $35 extra) for those who want to snorkel. Good food/drinks/service plus nice beach and small pool - never crowded (limited to 100 guests per day).

Mr. Sanchos offers both an AI side plus a pay-as-you-go side; they keep the two sides apart, so your group will need to decide on one or the other. Larger and busier than Nachi with good facilities, drinks, service, etc.

I cannot comment on Papitos. :confused:

Have been reading through posts and reviews for days and still can't make up my mind. Our group will consist of 4 adults in their 50s, no kids. A few of us like to snorkel, the others like the beach and pool as well as drinks and food. Help me decide, what would you recommend?

Papitos Secluded Beach

Chankanaab

Mr. Sanchos

Nachi Cocom

I have never heard of Papitos? Hmmm, something I'll have to check in to.

Bixll, you know I have been to all of the others...you're welcome to look over my review on them and the pictures. It might help you decide. I personally think Chankanaab sounds like what you are looking for. There's so much there to do and it's so beautiful. It's a great snorkeling spot of course and also has a pool. :)

I think Papitos is the name of the new setup inside Punta Sur where the lighthouse and the eco park are located. They were having exclusive ship oriented excursions there, maybe they're branching out since the ship excursions I saw were a tad on the $$$ side relative to resorts closer to the pier.

I have never heard of Papitos? Hmmm, something I'll have to check in to.

Bixll, you know I have been to all of the others...you're welcome to look over my review on them and the pictures. It might help you decide. I personally think Chankanaab sounds like what you are looking for. There's so much there to do and it's so beautiful. It's a great snorkeling spot of course and also has a pool. :)

I was hoping to hear from you. I have read all your reviews but could not tell which you though was better.

I was hoping to hear from you. I have read all your reviews but could not tell which you though was better.

If you want snorkeling...it would have to be Chankanaab out of those listed. The place is beautiful and huge. I think you would enjoy it. It remains one of my favorite places in Cozumel so far. :)

I saw several posts about Papitos Beach Club, so I decided to look into the a little. I sent them several questions through their website, and they answered back the next morning. The packages they wrote about were very different then what was posted on their website, so I wanted to share.

We offer two different options to visit Papitos:

Cozumel Punta Sur Park, Snorkel and Hidden Papitos Beach Break Excursion​

Bilingual guide pick you up from outside the ship pier and takes you on round trip transportation to Papitos.

Includes:

•Punta Sur entrance fee.

•Guided snorkel tour and snorkel gear.

•One course lunch (fish, beef steak or chiken)

•International open bar.

The cost of this excursion is $109.99 for adults and $94.99 for under age. Infants under 3yo do not pay.

Cozumel's Hidden Gem - Papito's Beach Club at Punta Sur Park​

You take a taxi to Punta Sur at your own cost (approx. ​60usd round trip per four persons). The snorkel tour is additional 25usd.

Includes:

•Punta Sur entrance fee.

•​All you can eat.

•All you can drink.

The cost of this excursion is $67.99 for adults and $49.99 for under age. Infants under 3yo do not pay.

If you decide to take the Cozumel's Hidden Gem - Papito's Beach Club at Punta Sur Park​ excursion that does not include the round transportation, do not worry, you can pay one way ride to the Punta Sur Park (approx. 30usd per 1-4 persons) and the Papito's Beach staff will call a taxi cab to take you back at your own leisure and cost.

Papito's is never crowded, maximum capacity is 50 guests, so you will have plenty of room to enjoy this dreamed beach break.

Edited by galliegirlie

I saw several posts about Papitos Beach Club, so I decided to look into the a little. I sent them several questions through their website, and they answered back the next morning. The packages they wrote about were very different then what was posted on their website, so I wanted to share.

We offer two different options to visit Papitos:

Cozumel Punta Sur Park, Snorkel and Hidden Papitos Beach Break Excursion​

Bilingual guide pick you up from outside the ship pier and takes you on round trip transportation to Papitos.

Includes:

•Punta Sur entrance fee.

•Guided snorkel tour and snorkel gear.

•One course lunch (fish, beef steak or chiken)

•International open bar.

The cost of this excursion is $109.99 for adults and $94.99 for under age. Infants under 3yo do not pay.

Cozumel's Hidden Gem - Papito's Beach Club at Punta Sur Park​

You take a taxi to Punta Sur at your own cost (approx. ​60usd round trip per four persons). The snorkel tour is additional 25usd.

Includes:

•Punta Sur entrance fee.

•​All you can eat.

•All you can drink.

The cost of this excursion is $67.99 for adults and $49.99 for under age. Infants under 3yo do not pay.

If you decide to take the Cozumel's Hidden Gem - Papito's Beach Club at Punta Sur Park​ excursion that does not include the round transportation, do not worry, you can pay one way ride to the Punta Sur Park (approx. 30usd per 1-4 persons) and the Papito's Beach staff will call a taxi cab to take you back at your own leisure and cost.

Papito's is never crowded, maximum capacity is 50 guests, so you will have plenty of room to enjoy this dreamed beach break.

WOW!

Those prices make Nachi and Mr Sanchos' AI look really really cheap!

Looks like yet another new place that is really escalating its charges very quickly. Unfortunately Papitos has two things working against it:

distance from port- increased taxi fares

And compulsory entrance fee to National Park.

It seems strange for pre-arranged transport you HAVE to include snorkel tour fee. Also higher package does not state "all you can eat" - don't know if that is an oversight? These prices do not list all the extra items which they were originally advertising which I assume are still included- lagoon tour, transport to lighthouse etc.

Although they are promoting these packages, certainly initially you were also able to PAYG as well. I don't know if they have stopped this but I never did understand how they policed the 50 person maximum, I assumed that just meant 50 person maximum AI.

If taking my own transport on a cruise ship day! I think I would still try and arrange a return driver - not sure what system they are using but when I asked Rastas once in advance about calling for return taxi they said cell signal in the area was not reliable.