Mariner..Lisbon-Miami 10/13--11/3 Review

Responder

• 3 weeks later...

We cruised RSSC for more than ten years and were loyal. We sailed more than 150 days. However, after two lengthy cruises on the Mariner we said never again. Food, service, tours,et al were poor. We find Celebrity to be superior in all respects. And we now are loyal to Seabourn for luxury cruises. We just returned from A 36 day cruise on Seabourn Oddysey which was the best cruise ever.

And when we complained to Regent? Well, basically they said we don't give a damn. Worst travel customer service ever. If Regent improves under N C L I hope folks will let us past Regent cruisers know

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We cruised RSSC for more than ten years and were loyal. We sailed more than 150 days. However, after two lengthy cruises on the Mariner we said never again. Food, service, tours,et al were poor. We find Celebrity to be superior in all respects. And we now are loyal to Seabourn for luxury cruises. We just returned from A 36 day cruise on Seabourn Oddysey which was the best cruise ever.

And when we complained to Regent? Well, basically they said we don't give a damn. Worst travel customer service ever. If Regent improves under N C L I hope folks will let us past Regent cruisers know

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have only recently done our first Regent cruise and we were disappointed.I have read as many postings as I can to try and give myself a different opinion.I wondered if I was missing something and being too 'picky', but time and time again I am reading postings like this.

We much preferred Star Clippers and Cunard.

Yes there were very good things about our Regent cruise,but absolutely not worth the money one pays.

Well, shoot. that is discouraging.

We all have different expectations...

Maybe ours was too high.Dont be discouraged because we were on a sailing that I now read on cruise critic,had a ' different clientele' then it usually would..

If the price was right and the itinerary,we may contemplate giving it another go and asking for the things we didn't get but expected.!

My husband and I sailed aboard the Regent's Mariner on October 13, 2014. It was a transatlantic sailing from Lisbon to Miami arriving back in Miami on the 3rd of Nov. The highlight of the cruise for me was the Larry Cohen bridge segment. That was fabulous. We picked our own hotel in Lisbon that was in the center of town and then we boarded the ship on the 13th of Oct.The embarkation was uneventful but we missed having someone help with the hand luggage since it was raining and missed the friendly smiles with the glass of champagne.

We missed three ports on this cruise. Ebola scare, sick passengers and seas too rough to tender ashore. Thats It!

Food was fair to mediocre. What used to be my favorite restaurant, Signatures, has gone way downhill. I ordered a rack of lamb. The Maitre'd saw me sawing away with a steak knife and he came over to help. He had as much trouble as I did. The Regent ships were our favorite for many years. Now we saw the Maitre'd's bussing tables. Overworked help and very few smiles. Despite having terrible coffee, watery oatmeal and prunes with pits we used love the Mariner. The country fair was fun but bowling with frozen Kosher chicken was disgusting. Isn't there a better use for food?

We do not consider Regent a luxury line anymore, other than the price.