Does anything on board state how much you paid? Trying to do a surprise upgrade!

lucyliz

We have our first cruise booked for the Eclipse in May. We originally booked an inside, but since then, I've rung Celebrity and changed it to a lovely first-off-the-hump balcony cabin. I haven't told my partner about this - I want to surprise him. The problem is, while I know he'll love it, if he finds out how much extra I spent I suspect he'll say, well, it's nice but it's not worth that! But it's my own money and it's worth it to me so I'm doing it anyway :)

I'm sorting out paying it and the confirmation details have all come to me so he won't find out that way. But now I'm wondering if anything in the cabin will give the game away? Do they put a copy of the invoice in there, or is it shown on the TV account? If they do, I may drop the surprise idea and fess up now!

Invoice via email to you confirming change and after final payment will show price, but nothing you receive on embarkation or in the cabin will. Only purchases made while on the ship. Enjoy, nice cabin to snatch.....and well worth the extra $. Assuming a 1A, but if you upgraded to C2 you can qualify for the all inclusive 123Go promo that just started today (beverage packages, prepaid gratuities, and $300 on board credit).

Oh, thank you, that's what I was hoping to hear. He won't see the email so I'll get away with it :D (I won't lie if he asks outright, but I'm pretty sure he won't - he'd just rather not know!)

Yes, it's a 1A. I was very pleased it was still available.

Nothing received on board, or viewable with the on-board systems, will show your cruise price.

We've booked through a TA in the past and when we do that nothing from Celebrity received pre-cruise, including the cruise e-doc booklet and the info on Celebrity's site, show the cruise price. It is only reflected in invoices or confirms from the TA. When we booked direct with Celebrity thet price has showed up in the reservation info on Celebrity's web site but I don't recall if it was printed in the cruise e-docs or not. But none of that info is viewable on board unless you bring it with you to look at.

Edited by Lsimon

We have our first cruise booked for the Eclipse in May. We originally booked an inside, but since then, I've rung Celebrity and changed it to a lovely first-off-the-hump balcony cabin. I haven't told my partner about this - I want to surprise him. The problem is, while I know he'll love it, if he finds out how much extra I spent I suspect he'll say, well, it's nice but it's not worth that! But it's my own money and it's worth it to me so I'm doing it anyway :)

I'm sorting out paying it and the confirmation details have all come to me so he won't find out that way. But now I'm wondering if anything in the cabin will give the game away? Do they put a copy of the invoice in there, or is it shown on the TV account? If they do, I may drop the surprise idea and fess up now!

Nothing will show it onboard...but also remember that you can take advantage of any price drops up to the final payment date. At least we in the US can, not sure about UK. So for me, I look at the price daily and if it drops I call Celebrity or the TA...... I hope you are able to do that in UK....not sure as I don't live there:)

Good luck:)

When he sees that nice big balcony, all should be forgiven. It is SO worth it. Enjoy your cruise!

100% this

The midship oversized balconies to & from "the hump" are really awesome.

Enjoy your cruise.

Cheers!

Ps... It really is a nice surprise / upgrade gift for him. I am sure he will appreciate it very much in the long run. Lol, maybe your guy will be like mine was after our first cruise in a similar cabin. He surprised me by saying we should book our next cruise while aboard... Cause often some of Celebrity's best pricing is available when you are onboard vs ashore.

I surprised my DH for his 60th birthday....went all out with a hump cabin balcony concierge level cabin, first class air all the way from San Francisco to Ft Lauderdale, the beverage package, etc.

Now, he is clueless when it comes to travel so I was lucky. I would have thought when checking in at the airport, when the whisked us away into the area with NO lines, the seat numbers of 2A and 2C would have given it away. But...he still never suspected a thing. He knows I am the bargain hunter and really got a great deal on both the cruise and that airfare. The beverage package had never been offered as a 123Go or PYP perk back then but it was a resident special about 2 weeks before the 123Go package was ever announced. So, yes, a screaming deal and he knew nothing about it. He had thought we were going to just go visit friends in Florida and he would stay there while I attended a work convention. hahaha....my plan had no flaws!!

UNTIL.....RCCL (speaking of our Celebrity cruise) called to welcome us back for our cruise in March....they left a message on the phone with all the details. Oh NO.....:eek: I specifically gave them my cell phone number only for all communication regarding this cruise.

Well, being the sport he is, he told me he knew I was planning a cruise but he didn't listen to it because he knows how much I love to plan surprises. Still not sure if he found out all the specifics beforehand or not but the surprise was somewhat ruined by this call. I know they won't discuss pricing if they are still making these calls.....but they may spill the beans prior to your cruise. Just be sure to head them off at the pass....

Just so this story doesn't have an unhappy ending...the first class air totally knocked his socks off. I was even surprised as they swapped out the plane for 2 days to a new international plane....our seats were the pod beds!! The look on his face, and mine for that matter, was priceless!!

Edited by Cruise Raider