Cash account

emski83

Wondering has anyone used a cash account before on RCI?

How does it work?

If you put money on your card do you get any left overs back at end of cruise?

Newbie here

Royal will let you charge up to $500 before they ask you to pay down the account. You can get a refund of any cash left on the last day of the cruise.

Just seeing if anyone has actually opened one!

I was told opp by a staff member via email from RCI

I used a cash account on our cruise. I went to the guest relations desk. They asked if I wanted to put any amount down up front, but said it wasn't necessary. I put $100 on there just for a small safety net, as we also had on board credit. We spent just a little over the $100 between the three of us. On the last evening I went down and paid the account to $0 with more cash. Easy Breezy.

I use a cash account all the time. With having a Canadian credit card, I don't like the poor foreign exchange rate and commission charges incurred when charging in US, or in any foreign, funds.

I go to Guest Services and simply give them what I think I might spend....and on the last day, I go close the account and get back whatever I haven't spent.

Sometimes I may go register my cc just in case something expensive catches my eye, but I always pay the account in cash.

As an extra bonus.....no cc charges when you get home....;)

Wondering has anyone used a cash account before on RCI?

How does it work?

If you put money on your card do you get any left overs back at end of cruise?

Newbie here

There will be the longest line of cruisers setting their accounts on the last night.

Of course they give you back any money you haven't spent!!! It's YOUR money!

Well of course but someone at RCI told me via email that the remaining is non-refundable.

I have called them today though and been told its refundable :)

I used a cash account on our cruise. I went to the guest relations desk. They asked if I wanted to put any amount down up front, but said it wasn't necessary. I put $100 on there just for a small safety net, as we also had on board credit. We spent just a little over the $100 between the three of us. On the last evening I went down and paid the account to $0 with more cash. Easy Breezy.

I use a cash account all the time. With having a Canadian credit card, I don't like the poor foreign exchange rate and commission charges incurred when charging in US, or in any foreign, funds.

I go to Guest Services and simply give them what I think I might spend....and on the last day, I go close the account and get back whatever I haven't spent.

Sometimes I may go register my cc just in case something expensive catches my eye, but I always pay the account in cash.

Thank you both for been so helpful!

Thats exactly wat i dont want to pay, fees :)

On Legend of the Sea in September, I used cash as I didn't want to be hit by fees. However, I had several hundred US dollars preloaded on my OzForex debit mastercard & I was told RCI would not accept it. I had to withdraw the cash at a US ATM in Portland Maine and paid both Ozforex and the US Bank fees.

Well of course but someone at RCI told me via email that the remaining is non-refundable.

I have called them today though and been told its refundable :)

Now you've learned something else about Royal - keep calling until you get the answer you want.:rolleyes:

Now you've learned something else about Royal - keep calling until you get the answer you want.:rolleyes:

Haha defiantly!!

One i did forget to ask was:

Can my partner and i share a seapass that has money on it or do we have to put money on both?

Haha defiantly!!

One i did forget to ask was:

Can my partner and i share a seapass that has money on it or do we have to put money on both?

You can link your SeaPass accounts so charges from both go to one account.

You can link your SeaPass accounts so charges from both go to one account.

That's great :)

You've been so helpful :) thanks!!

Oh one more lol, do we have to buy a drink package? Or is there some drink included free.

Looking at them and deciding. Neither are big drinkers.

That's great :)

You've been so helpful :) thanks!!

Oh one more lol, do we have to buy a drink package? Or is there some drink included free.

Looking at them and deciding. Neither are big drinkers.

Free drinks: tap water, coffee, hot tea, iced tea, lemonade, milk, juices at breakfast.

On Legend of the Sea in September, I used cash as I didn't want to be hit by fees. However, I had several hundred US dollars preloaded on my OzForex debit mastercard & I was told RCI would not accept it. I had to withdraw the cash at a US ATM in Portland Maine and paid both Ozforex and the US Bank fees.

I cannot believe that people turn such simple things.

Into a huge headache for themselves...

That is what we try to do as well. But you pay a fee to get American Money at the bank as well. I got a Canadian Credit card Mastercard on here I dont know if I can say the name on here though it starts S and ends in a S. and I pay 0% on foregin funds in the us. so that is a nice bonus to have