My Solo Splendor repo cruise (with pics) 10/24/14

Jamman54

Jeff, it is so great to relive this cruise through your eyes!!! Wish I was still sailing!

Thanks Lisa! Sadly, this review is nearing the end also. I have the Breeze to look forward to, do you have another in the works?

Yeah!!!!!! Another jamman review!!!!!!!! Just now getting caught up.

Thanks for reading! Still some more to come.

Loving review so far as always!!! How neat to meet up with your friends off a different ship so many miles away and then waving during sail away. How cool!!!

Royal princess is a beautiful ship! She is humungo!

Guess I will pop on over to GAPearls review while I wait for more of yours. :-). Thanks for awesome reviews as always! Woohoo!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you again for following along! It's funny that two cruises in a row, I met up with friends on the islands. Met up with friends in Aruba, while on our Liberty cruise.

your review of the steakhouse is making me want to try it out for myself i have never did the specialty restaurants on a carnival cruise before but i am game for this one 8 days and counting oh yeah

It's Jeff's review. I can tell you that we always go to the steakhouse on ships that have them. Our last cruise on the Splendor in August we dined at the Steakhouse twice. I would highly recommend it, wonderful food, great atmosphere and a great evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Lisa! Sadly, this review is nearing the end also. I have the Breeze to look forward to, do you have another in the works?

Yes, alas, I am an addict. I have 9 booked right now . . . 4 in 2015 and 5 for 2016 . . . but looking for another 1 or 2 for next year . . .

Fantastic review and amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for following along! Next installment should be up later tonight or tomorrow.

your review of the steakhouse is making me want to try it out for myself i have never did the specialty restaurants on a carnival cruise before but i am game for this one 8 days and counting oh yeah

If the ship I'm on has a steakhouse, I'm there at least one night!

Yes, alas, I am an addict. I have 9 booked right now . . . 4 in 2015 and 5 for 2016 . . . but looking for another 1 or 2 for next year . . .

Good for you!! What ships next year?

Hi Lisa and Joe, join me on Carnival Freedom Jan.18th ! You also Jeff. :)

Mike

I would love to, but can't swing it.

Welcome to St. Maarten!!!

Happy Halloween!!!

CS801.jpg

I was up at 7am to watch our arrival to the island of St. Maarten. Today is our last full day on the Carnival Splendor for this cruise. I much prefer that the last day on board be a sea day, but it is what it is. I stepped out onto the balcony, and got these shots as we approached St. Maarten…..

CS803.JPG

CS804.JPG

CS805.JPG

We are approaching the piers in Phillipsburg, which is on the Dutch side of St. Maarten…..

CS808.JPG

This is the shorter pier…..

CS810.JPG

To be continued…..

Edited by Jamman54

We will be docking at the longer pier…..

CS813.JPG

Once again, we will be the only ship in port today, so the Captain has elected to spin around and back into our berth…..

CS815.JPG

CS817.JPG

CS818.JPG

We are docked. Here is the view from the bow camera, as seen on the television…..

CS820.JPG

I made my way up to the Lido Deck, and decided to have a light, (for me), continental breakfast…..

CS821.JPG

To be continued…..

After breakfast, I went out on Deck 10 and took a few pictures. Here are a couple of views of the shopping area at the end of the pier…..

CS822.JPG

CS823.JPG

A couple of views of Phillipsburg, St. Maarten…..

CS824.JPG

CS825.JPG

Looking towards the front of the ship…..

CS827.JPG

Looking across at the empty shorter pier…..

CS828.JPG

To be continued…..

Looking forward at the Splendor’s gangways…..

CS830.JPG

CS831.JPG

The ship’s photographers are doing their thing…..

CS832.JPG

CS834.JPG

I made my way back to my cabin to grab my beach bag. The plan was to meet the roll call beach bums at the Lobby Bar. As I waited for somebody to show up, I took a couple of shots of Guest Services, and the Atrium elevators…..

CS835.JPG

CS836.JPG

To be continued…..

HI JEFF.

LOVING YOUR REVIEW AND SADDENED IT'S COMING TO AN END.:(

WE CRUISED ON HALLOWEEN LAST YEAR AND DOCKED AT COZUMEL ON HALLOWEEN. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE IN PORT WERE DRESSED UP. SOME WERE PRETTY ELABORATE COSTUMES.

ARE YOU REALLLY GOING TO MAKE US WAIT UNTIL NEXT AUGUST FOR ANOTHER FAB REVIEW??

OR ARE YOU GOING TO SNEAK ONE IN? .:p

OOPS GOTTA GO. MY 7 WEEK OLD GRAND SON IS HERE. I GET TO BABYSIT TODAY.:p

HI JEFF.

LOVING YOUR REVIEW AND SADDENED IT'S COMING TO AN END.:(

WE CRUISED ON HALLOWEEN LAST YEAR AND DOCKED AT COZUMEL ON HALLOWEEN. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE IN PORT WERE DRESSED UP. SOME WERE PRETTY ELABORATE COSTUMES.

ARE YOU REALLLY GOING TO MAKE US WAIT UNTIL NEXT AUGUST FOR ANOTHER FAB REVIEW??

OR ARE YOU GOING TO SNEAK ONE IN? .:p

OOPS GOTTA GO. MY 7 WEEK OLD GRAND SON IS HERE. I GET TO BABYSIT TODAY.:p

Thanks for continuing to follow along! Still quite a few pages left to post on this review, so stay tuned.

As it stands right now, we won't cruise again until August, so I'll be sitting here reading everyone else's reviews!!