Victoria Park Hotel Ft Lauderdale - Review & Photos

sirenitas

We recently did a cruise out of Miami, but while we flew into Miami we flew back home from Ft Lauderdale. While searching for hotels in Ft Lauderdale I came across The Victoria Park Hotel. It has really good reviews, looked to be in a good area and the price was great. Paid $78 (tax included) for one night.

SAM_1028_zps45b917c2.jpg

SAM_1027_zpsb53c4f30.jpg

Lobby - bright and airy. There is a computer you can use, I printed our boarding passes there. They have a nice continental breakfast (the usual bagel, cereals, pastries, juices, yogurt etc). My room included the breakfast but not sure if they all do or if it was a special they were doing when I booked - my in laws had a king room but it did not include breakfast.

SAM_1026_zpsb3cfaaae.jpg

SAM_1025_zps9455b24d.jpg

SAM_1024_zpsc6c3fe72.jpg

They do have accessible rooms - we did not have one but I saw the ramps at a couple of doors (see 1st photo).

SAM_1021_zps421df8c4.jpg

SAM_1012_zpsf496069d.jpg

SAM_1011_zps6d80fe21.jpg

We booked a Queen Family Suite. This room was huge! It has 2 queen beds and a pull out couch so could have easily slept 6. Table with a couple of chairs by the window, flat screen TV that swivels.

SAM_1004_zps4860c828.jpg

SAM_1009_zpsa820f131.jpg

It had a nice size kitchen with a small fridge, sink, coffee maker and a microwave. There were cups, plates etc.

SAM_1008_zpsc3e38b32.jpg

The bathroom was nice, the shower was really big. There was a small hallway from the bedroom to the bathroom which has a closet. In the closet is a safe, extra linens/pillows and the hair dryer. I was looking everywhere for it!

SAM_1005_zpsa6f1f966.jpg

SAM_1007_zps8f39b6ee.jpg

Here is their map of the property -

scan0001_zpsf96712ec.jpg

scan0002_zpsdaead79d.jpg

They also have an area map. A super nice map that shows everything in the area and even suggestions for rainy days etc. This newsletter is kinda big and does not fit my scanner so I will take a photo and post it a little later.

Cannot recommend this place enough. Billy and his staff at the front desk are super nice, gave great suggestions on what to do/where to eat etc. The room was really big, clean and modern. Loved the whole look of the place. Free WiFi. DD really enjoyed the pool. There is a mall super close (like 5 minute drive), the beach (and some great restaurants) is about a 10 minute drive. There is an outlet 20 minutes away - went to the Disney outlet and did some damage ;). The water taxi is very close - you can park at the mall and take it from there. Would go back in a heartbeat and would have really loved to stay longer.

Edited by sirenitas

Nice review and thanks for posting!

The mall is also a short walk of about fifteen minutes or so with a Seasons 52, PF Changs, Capitol Grille, and Blue Martini as well as a bunch of other restaurants.

The outlet mall is more like a 35 minute drive away because of traffic.

I love that little motel, the location is fantastic!

Not sure that I should really thank you for giving away one of the best kept secrets of Fort Lauderdale. ;)

Seriously our upcoming December booking is at $71 plus 11% tax = $78.71 and doesn't include breakfast which is $9 extra.

One thing you do need to keep an eye on is price movements. I originally booked, back in September, at $114 (plus 11% tax) through hotels.com, but only this morning cancelled and rebooked through booking.com. (hotels.com price had also come down but only to $80)

One thing non-US citizens need to be aware of, though certainly not a show stopper, is that you cannot pre-pay through the agency in your own currency. So, if you can, you really need to make your reservation using a commission free credit card.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

Not sure that I should really thank you for giving away one of the best kept secrets of Fort Lauderdale. ;)

Seriously our upcoming December booking is at $71 plus 11% tax = $78.71 and doesn't include breakfast which is $9 extra.

One thing you do need to keep an eye on is price movements. I originally booked, back in September, at $114 (plus 11% tax) through hotels.com, but only this morning cancelled and rebooked through booking.com. (hotels.com price had also come down but only to $80)

One thing non-US citizens need to be aware of, though certainly not a show stopper, is that you cannot pre-pay through the agency in your own currency. So, if you can, you really need to make your reservation using a commission free credit card.

Tipico in Gateway Plaza serves breakfast.

You are all very welcome. Corfe Mixture - I know what you mean but I was so happy it was such a nice place I had to say something!

thank you Sirenitas for posting, we have booked our two nights pre-cruise here and was looking for more info on this hotel.

We will arrive in FLL at 7.30 PM and take a rental car, is it easy to reach from the airport at night?

I forgot to mention the airport. It is 15-20 minutes from the hotel and super easy to get to/from.

That sub place in Gateway is really good also. A bunch of us always hit that bar in the corner, I cannot remember the name, just a dive.

Sharon, have you tried that tea place across from the hotel?

Was going to stop there on my bike ride yesterday but we were hungry and wanted to go ahead and get up to Aruba. That tea place is really charming.

That sub place in Gateway is really good also. A bunch of us always hit that bar in the corner, I cannot remember the name, just a dive.

Sharon, have you tried that tea place across from the hotel?

Was going to stop there on my bike ride yesterday but we were hungry and wanted to go ahead and get up to Aruba. That tea place is really charming.

Monster Subs is the sub place and Kim's Alley Bar is that little dive bar.

Edited by brunello22

Serafina Trattoria Italiana is a short walk from the hotel and is my favorite Italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale. Lovely outdoor setting on the Middle River.

Thanks for that.

Checked them out on their website and it's looks wonderful.

I have sent them an e-mail with a reservation request a table on the veranda overlooking the river the night before our next cruise starts.

Even downloaded and printed the menu!!

Yes!! That is the name, Kim's Alley Bar!

Yup! Kim's Alley Bar! Eat the Tea looks charming but I don't like the taste of tea so I haven't stopped in. My office is across Sunrise, and with the bridge construction, the 20th Ave crosswalk is crazy dangerous right now.

Serafina Trattoria Italiana is a short walk from the hotel and is my favorite Italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale. Lovely outdoor setting on the Middle River.

Hello, thank you for your advice. As we eat Italian at least twice a day, everyday, where could we go to taste a typical American meal?

Hello, thank you for your advice. As we eat Italian at least twice a day, everyday, where could we go to taste a typical American meal?

In that area, Seasons 52 or Capitol Grille.

On Las Olas:

Royal Pig

Yolo

Grill 401

Big City Tavern

Cheesecake Factory

A typical American meal isn't all that exciting......a hamburger and fries or a steak and baked potato or maybe seafood. Across from the Galleria Mall is Burger Fi; you order at the counter and eat at a table. An upscale American meal will be found at Galleria Mall at Truluck or Capital Grill.

Mi dispiace! I just realized your location - Toscana! Brava! Naturalmente, io non vado in Italia a mangiare cibo Americano!

American food is mostly steak, chicken, fish, etc. It is all prepared in various ways, and there are some restaurants that are really really good, as some of the ones suggested by Royalcruz and Blue Herons.

Edited by brunello22

Thank you Blueherons, Royalcruz and Brunello22.

As Cheesecake is actually one of my favourite dessert, I think we will go to Cheesecake Factory, or maybe Capital Grill. I will try the other restaurants you suggested us in our 6 days post-cruise.

Brunello22, I understand you are not italian, the first things an Italian looks for when abroad are pasta and espresso...

Thank you Blueherons, Royalcruz and Brunello22.

As Cheesecake is actually one of my favourite dessert, I think we will go to Cheesecake Factory, or maybe Capital Grill. I will try the other restaurants you suggested us in our 6 days post-cruise.

Brunello22, I understand you are not italian, the first things an Italian looks for when abroad are pasta and espresso...

Actually I am an Italian-American, but what I meant was, I do not look for American food when in Italy. There are some Americans that simply do not leave their comfort zone and have to have their McDonalds when traveling, if you know what I mean.

Pasta, espresso, pizza, and molti vini (hence Brunello)... what I live for when in Italy!