Back to RCI after 20 Years Suggestions?

1995 my first cruise was on Monarch of the Seas (wasn't she the largest ship then) out of Puerto Rico for our Honeymoon (after a week in Puerto Rico, landed the day after Hurricane Marilyn left, saw it from the plane).

My Mother is moving to Palm Beach Gardens so I'm thinking a combination visit and sailing out of FLL for our 20th year anniversary and return to RCI.

I've never done a "mega-ship" so any suggestion to which ship out of Fort Lauderdale in September. What differences should I be looking towards?

Back then you only got a balcony in a suite, I'm sure we will get one for this milestone anniversary maybe even a lower end suite (not mini).

TIA

1995 my first cruise was on Monarch of the Seas (wasn't she the largest ship then) out of Puerto Rico for our Honeymoon (after a week in Puerto Rico, landed the day after Hurricane Marilyn left, saw it from the plane).

My Mother is moving to Palm Beach Gardens so I'm thinking a combination visit and sailing out of FLL for our 20th year anniversary and return to RCI.

I've never done a "mega-ship" so any suggestion to which ship out of Fort Lauderdale in September. What differences should I be looking towards?

Back then you only got a balcony in a suite, I'm sure we will get one for this milestone anniversary maybe even a lower end suite (not mini).

TIA

welcome back!

Check out the ships and see what you like. Most of them are quite nice but some can be overwhelming. Most of all, have a blast!

Sailing Explorer in a couple months.. looking good

Edited by limoguy1

TIA

Oasis or Allure. You can't go wrong either way.

TIA

Be prepared to be amazed. My DH's first cruise was in 1994. Fast forward 20 years and 50 cruises later and he still remarks how much things have changed in the last 20 years :)

If you have not cruised RCCL for twenty years, please carefully think about what you enjoyed most about your first cruise.

If it was the top notch luxury service, the superb food (including the incredible chocolate desserts that were a RCCL trademark), and the intimate feel of the ship, and the relaxed atmosphere, you may not want to cruise the current Beehives of the Sea. They are 180 degree turn from what made RCCL so special 20 years ago.

I would hate for your special anniversary trip to not be what you anticipate for a cruising experience. Another line may suit your needs.

My very first cruise was over 20 + yrs with our parents, then again in 2002 and this was on the older Sea Princess and we thought that was a Wow ship until we sailed the Brilliance of the Seas 2 yrs later in 2004 and that was even more of a Wow ship. This is just my opinion, but I think starting with a Voyager or Freedom Class might be a good start. The Radiance class ship are also beautiful but don't have all the extras, yet you really feel like your on the ocean with all the glass. Whichever you decide, you will have a fabulous time.