Yikes!!

Ginnyjen

Just completed our first cruise on Princess...........10 day round trip from SF to Mexico......We have cruised strictly on HAL for quite a while so we were looking forward to something new......It is a beautiful ship, many dining venues, great food and entertainment, very diverse crew. We really had a great time. But being a frequent HAL cruiser, we found the Veranda cabins to be very small, especially the bathrooms (tiny). To equal a veranda cabin on HAL you have to upgrade to a mini-suite. Also, when disembarking, you have to be out of your cabin by 8 am and wait in a public area for your number to be called. But I have to say, the ship had 2600 passengers and everything went very smoothly. The age range was 40 - 80, very few kids. All in all, very enjoyable, but when you're use to traveling in a certain way, its fun to try new things, but you always go back to what you're use to, which we like.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise! Thank you for the insight as well! I've learned A LOT from these forums and am glad to hear that Princess is a respectable alternative! :p

I asked the question because the OPs message said absolutely nothing about requesting opinions or comparisons. This seems to be purely the supposition of cruz chic. To me, the original posting was simply a statement that a cruise was being booked on Princess an as such, IMHO, belonged on the Princess board and not on the HAL board.

Scott & Karen

She did ask us to wish her luck .:eek:

OP I do wish you good luck and hope you had a great cruise.:)

Helen

Just completed our first cruise on Princess...........10 day round trip from SF to Mexico......We have cruised strictly on HAL for quite a while so we were looking forward to something new......It is a beautiful ship, many dining venues, great food and entertainment, very diverse crew. We really had a great time. But being a frequent HAL cruiser, we found the Veranda cabins to be very small, especially the bathrooms (tiny). To equal a veranda cabin on HAL you have to upgrade to a mini-suite. Also, when disembarking, you have to be out of your cabin by 8 am and wait in a public area for your number to be called. But I have to say, the ship had 2600 passengers and everything went very smoothly. The age range was 40 - 80, very few kids. All in all, very enjoyable, but when you're use to traveling in a certain way, its fun to try new things, but you always go back to what you're use to, which we like.

I can't dispute anything you say. Hal is still my favorite but princess does have a fine product. The way some posters talk on here they make it sound like sloppy seconds. I bet many of these posters have maybe done one cruise likely 10 or 20 years ago. Not really relevant.