Just did that back to back thing

lbt43

We do it quite a bit my reasoning--- if we fly from the west coast it might as well be for a couple of weeks of cruising. We are sailing on the Sun November 23rd for a week then driving to Fort Lauderdale and heading out from Miami on the Pearl for another 10 days. One time we just disembarked one ship in Miami and within an hour or two were on another ship enjoying lunch. It works really well for us.

You are doing two cruises, not a back to back. Back to back refers to SAME ship. The process for back to back is totally different - like you do not have to pack up your stuff for starters.

You will pack up and leave just like a normal cruise.

You will then take a cab (or long walk) to the other ship, and board just like normal. There is no special process.

Bottom line, there really is no special process.

You are doing two cruises, not a back to back. Back to back refers to SAME ship. The process for back to back is totally different - like you do not have to pack up your stuff for starters.

You will pack up and leave just like a normal cruise.

You will then take a cab (or long walk) to the other ship, and board just like normal. There is no special process.

Bottom line, there really is no special process.

You are right, it was just a generalization , did not mean to confuse. We do back to backs if the itinerary is a little different, sometimes in the same cabin other times not. Before the changes to latitudes even a back to back to back was only considered one cruise, hard to get 15 cruises under your belt then. I guess we should call it a "one after the other cruise" or an "oatoc";) Either way it is a back to back holiday.

Edited by armwinder

I think two cruises on different ships is referred to on here as "back to belly"? I might be wrong. Either way, it sounds AWESOME!! The Mom in me, however, is thinking a stop at a laundry mat on the turn around day may be in order.

Have a blast!!

I think two cruises on different ships is referred to on here as "back to belly"? I might be wrong. Either way, it sounds AWESOME!! The Mom in me, however, is thinking a stop at a laundry mat on the turn around day may be in order.

Have a blast!!

That sounds great to me. I suppose three in a row would be called a "back to belly to ???"

Booked the Sky for Nov. 28. Will get off on Dec 1 and jump on the pearl! Who has done this type of thing before? How did you find the process? Fairly simple? Same as just going on one cruise?

Another thing to consider is if the Latitudes points you get for the Sky cruise would increase you up a grade. On b2b on the same ship this can be accomplished by explaining to Customer Service. We got the points on the first leg to reach platinum and had all the benefits for the second leg of the b2b.