"LIVE" from the Navigator of the Seas - November 9, 2014

Looking forward to your "Live" review of the Navigator. And thank you for posting all the pictures of Kemah. Brings back lots of memories. We have stayed at Kemah a couple of times. There is so much to do there. Just love the place.

Cruizinmimi, weren't you on our roll call at some point? I thought maybe you changed from this cruise to another?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are a little dated and small, but we enjoyed our balcony views and all the festivities here. The amusement park, shops, vast selection of dining options make this a great pre-cruise choice. Photo of our room below...

B57E7535-D75D-429E-B7BA-C09EACBE8407_zpslyi3chbz.jpg

Cool Tours phoned a half hour before our pick up time, and had already arrived at the hotel.

We've loaded our group of 13, and are making our way to the port of Galveston!

Smack dab in the middle of the biker rally is making for a very slowwwww ride to the ship. We can see the carnival ship at least so we're getting closer ..

0936D01F-5872-439B-BFEE-A154873259BD_zpsf3vnrdxz.jpg

3512196A-16A5-420F-B125-D57CC0815CCB_zps1jqvjzmh.jpg

Edited by niksmom630

A whole series of new records. arrived at port at 11, made it on board in 14 minutes. Room opened early at 1230, luggage had already arrived.

Got my first beverage, and went to the windjammer at 12. Did not get elbowed or pushed once. I am loving the Navigator experience already!

Drink info - limited availability while the ship is docked in Galveston

A whole series of new records. arrived at port at 11, made it on board in 14 minutes. Room opened early at 1230, luggage had already arrived.

Got my first beverage, and went to the windjammer at 12. Did not get elbowed or pushed once. I am loving the Navigator experience already!

Drink info - limited availability while the ship is docked in Galveston

Sounds like an almost perfect start. We have the Navigator booked for WAY in the future (Feb '16), so we will be following along for all the great pictures you always provide.

Hope our paths cross onboard again one day. It was great meeting you on the Indy back in Feb!

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

Greetings CC community! I am going to attempt a live report from the Navigator of the Seas, departing from Galveston, Texas tomorrow. Current sitting on the airplane making our way from Chicago to Houston's intercontinental airport.

Once we arrive, we've arranged transportation through Cool Tours to transport us to our hotel, The Boardwalk Inn in Kemah. There is a Salute to the Military event in Kemah, with various special events planned, so we are really looking forward to our stay here.

A bit about us, to kick this off; my name is Chris, traveling with DH, DD, age 15. We are part of a large group of family and friends totaling 13. We've pretty much cruised exclusively with RCI, and this cruise will mark a milestone event, as the day we board, I will be chalking up the two cruise points I need to hit Diamond Plus! Woo hoo! Very excited to be able to enjoy the perks at this level when we board a Oasis in February!

This will be my third trip on Navigator, and I am looking forward to seeing her again post renovation. If wifi and photobucket cooperate, I plan on posting many photos. We will be purchasing the unlimited wifi package on the ship so DD can keep up with homework and I can keep up with my "Words With Friends"

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you have time, can you tell me the cost of unlimited wifi for the week. Thanks

Sounds like an almost perfect start. We have the Navigator booked for WAY in the future (Feb '16), so we will be following along for all the great pictures you always provide.

Hope our paths cross onboard again one day. It was great meeting you on the Indy back in Feb!

Dan.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Forums mobile app.

Thanks Dan! With the way things have started we may consider joining you in February of 2016! Say hi to Marla! I am hoping to get out with my new camera tomorrow, until then, the iPhone will have to do....

With my Diamond discount, I think it was $160, but I will confirm shortly.

Thanks for getting the info back to me. Appreciate it. Enjoy the cruise. I am back on in December for the 10th time since the crossing last November. Just a short drive away makes it great if you just want to cruise and do not care where it goes.

Jr suite, deck 9. The refurb is obvious in the main part of the stateroom. Nothing really looks different in the bathroom, tho, with the exception of the shower head...

05AB26F7-333F-4FA2-A22F-A7A799808C4F_zpsw9wx6xpu.jpg

BB070341-4EFC-42F2-8D2E-79AD76FAB37B_zpscpxv8jdd.jpg

F520CFD1-5E6F-47CB-80C4-F056FFDB80E2_zpsxlfalpyn.jpg

BB070341-4EFC-42F2-8D2E-79AD76FAB37B_zpsoqbl1dic.jpg

Main dining room...

0D49ACB5-7386-4939-B236-D7ED05F80A59_zpsyqpulmxq.jpg

Not feeling particularly confident about wifi. I just disabled it to upload these pics to photobucket over 4G. Heading off to dinner shortly. 530 main seating! More later!

We were on the Navigator this time last year and I thought she was beautiful and special and I'm just blown away at what an incredible refurbishment she got--your cabin is so pretty! Thanks for your live report; I look forward to reading the rest.

A few random observations and tidbits of info from Day#1 yesterday.....

- the 3 preloaded diamond drink vouchers worked flawlessly for me. However, DD was unable to use her card to get a Shirley Temple. She would have to go to Diamond lounge if she wanted a beverage at no charge.

- the "shot of the day" is no longer available in the souvenir glasses in the MDR. I asked if they were available at all, but the bar server looked confused and shook his head. I will inquire again this evening. Very disturbing!

- Escargot will be available every night! Woo hoo!

- my sea pass card has not yet been deactivated despite being carried along side my iphone.

- NFL games shown on the big screen poolside with no sound, but also available for viewing in the Cosmopolitan club.

- for the first time ever, my second appetizer was placed in front of my first, before I had finished. Seemed a bit rushed in the MDR. Our waiter has the personality of a rock, but our assistant waiter is sweet as can be, and so attentive.

More photos coming soon.....

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app