Boozing

cruisecriticmember

Quote "You take a cruise (much less a short one) and don't expect spring break to break out. I would suggest better research on your part".

With all due respect, better research is not necessary. We have taken a 7 day Celebrity Caribbean cruise every March for the last 10 years and have never experienced a "spring break" demographic until this past March. The complimentary drink package apparently enticed those who don't normally sail Celebrity to switch allegiance.

I suggest that the odds increase dramatically of a spring break crowd during March and April on shorter cruises with cheaper fares. I contend it was not the drink package only but it reduced the "effective" price of the cruise, making it affordable or cheaper. Makes sense to me.

I selected our X cruise based on the cruise cost less the savings of my normal bar tab on NCL thus the cruise was cheaper. My thought is that the promo changes their demographics which is what they want. A geriatric cruise, IMHO, is not what most of us wants. I try to recall my day in the sun and enjoy the experience with them. The majority are fun loving good kids that wake up with a headache. No harm to me.

Lively, yes. Animal house, no.

I DO remember that o love the Tanned Russians at MB!!

Missed those, couldn't get past the chocolate Indulgence at MB...I think...I can't quite remember lol[emoji1][emoji13]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assume means: I do not know if all out of the big drinking community are out of UK :) - some, I've spoken to are: Dublin, London, Manchester....enough UK my friend ?

Big drinking communities of the UK?

This article might interest you. UK - 23rd, below USA (14th) and Germany who are 3rd.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_beer_consumption_per_capita

We have taken a 7 day Celebrity Caribbean cruise every March for the last 10 years and have never experienced a "spring break" demographic until this past March. The complimentary drink package apparently enticed those who don't normally sail Celebrity to switch allegiance.

I suggest that the odds increase dramatically of a spring break crowd during March and April on shorter cruises with cheaper fares. I contend it was not the drink package only but it reduced the "effective" price of the cruise, making it affordable or cheaper. Makes sense to me.

I agree with Blindrid. Silhouette is a relatively new ship, with all of X's newest bells and whistles. Then consider the threads in which people claim X is going after a different demographic with loud music some complain about in the Atrium. Lots of things that could be a factor in drawing the particular crowd Loracpin2 saw, not necessarily the drink package. ;)

Thankfully, we have yet to see alcohol fuelled bad behaviour on a ship. What we have seen is obnoxious passengers from a variety of countries - quite sober ones - treating staff in an appalling manner . We even tipped our waiter extra once to cheer the poor man up having watched him deal with a sober idiot (for want of a better word) for 2 hours with nothing but the utmost professionalism.

At the end of the day I think it comes down to personality - drink often magnifies someone's personality and I imagine that the rude, inconsiderate drunks are also rude and inconsiderate when sober, but just not as loud / noticeable.

Edited by Presto2

I didn't notice any obviously drunk passengers on our past Celebrity cruise but then again, I likely wouldn't care if I did encounter them. No more than I care what people wear to the dining room. My focus is on relaxing and enjoying myself when I'm cruising, not observing other passengers "class", nationality, alcohol consumption or dress. Cheers!

Nicely played.......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums