Caribbean Princess Family Suite D 105

markf

After 30 + cruises thinking about finally trying Princess. Most recently cruised on X, NCL and RCCL.

Does anyone have pictures of family suite D105 on Caribbean Princess?

Any thoughts as to the differences--we have been mainly in the Haven on NCL and Aqua on X, so we are trying Family suite.

What is the cost of the Sancturary, i am surprised it is not included foe suites.

Will there be an issue getting a reservation for Sanctuary?

Any other hints, or thoughts

The Suite Life on Princess is not set up to be like the "ship-within-a-ship" concept on Celebrity and NCL. There is no butler service; a concierge lounge is found only on the new Royal and Regal Princess.

Sanctuary is not included, but you do have free access to the thermal suite on Caribbean Princess. Someone will probably come along shortly with the link to the list of suite perks. I think they are fine for what they are, but if you are going to compare them line-for-line with Haven or Aqua or Concierge classes you may find Princess coming up short. (Again, not a negative recommendation, just a realistic alert).

Cost for Sanctuary is $20 pp for a half day, $40 pp for a full day. You pick the specific lounger(s) you want for the time you reserve. You can book the whole cruise (full days) upon embarkation; to book day to day you have to line up early each morning. Sorry, no priority daily bookings for suite passengers.

Edited by fishywood

I would say if you want to book the sanctuary , go as early as possible the first day , depending on the cruise you have booked , loungers can book up fast with back to back cruisers and elite on board first!

Friends of ours were upgraded to a Family suite for one of our cruises. The family suite is a double width of a normal cabin with two doors leading from the corridor - one going into the main bedroom and the other leading to the second bedroom which is like an internal room with bunk beds sticking out of the side walls. The lounge is spread across the back. The balcony is extremely windy underway and was unusable on sea days

I certainly would not pay suite prices for this

Hope this helps

J

• 1 year later...
After 30 + cruises thinking about finally trying Princess. Most recently cruised on X, NCL and RCCL.

Does anyone have pictures of family suite D105 on Caribbean Princess?

Any thoughts as to the differences--we have been mainly in the Haven on NCL and Aqua on X, so we are trying Family suite.

What is the cost of the Sancturary, i am surprised it is not included foe suites.

Will there be an issue getting a reservation for Sanctuary?

Any other hints, or thoughts

I'd love to see pics of the family suite - thank you.

I'd love to see pics of the family suite - thank you.

There have been a couple of reviews on the FS.

Here is a link with a floor plan.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2359596&highlight=family+suite+photos

Google has a few photos, here are 3.

princess-family-suite.jpg

fs93.jpg

family-suite-with-balcony--v10578609-cc-720.jpg

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I just tried to reserve a family suite for our British Isles cruise next year and the agent at Princess said they are all booked. We checked 4 different dates, so if you do want one you should book early.

I just tried to reserve a family suite for our British Isles cruise next year and the agent at Princess said they are all booked. We checked 4 different dates, so if you do want one you should book early.

They only have 2 on each ship.

IE;Grand/Star/Golden/Caribbean/Crown/Emerald/Ruby/Diamond/Sapphire.

Not on the Island/Coral.

Not sure about the Regal/Royal.

Sometimes Princess blocks these out and use them for upgrades when they need a mini suite/balcony/inside.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes, we booked a family suite a month ago so we are good. We had a family suite on the Norwegian Dawn and it was spectacular. I have been reading so do posts about the princess family suite. I am less worried about the windy balcony as we will be in ports most of the time. But the room's furnishings seem very outdated.

Yes, we booked a family suite a month ago so we are good. We had a family suite on the Norwegian Dawn and it was spectacular. I have been reading so do posts about the princess family suite. I am less worried about the windy balcony as we will be in ports most of the time. But the room's furnishings seem very outdated.

Generally the posters here will say the family suite is not worth the money, but that's subjective. I am travelling with my parents and my son and the configuration works for us as we want the suite perks for the trip. Our only other alternative, for more $$, is to all stay in one suite and share one bathroom which is not an exciting prospect. So, for me, the family suite will do the job.

I have also stayed in an NCL 2 bedroom suite (used to be called a Courtyard Villa but I think now it's The Haven :confused:) on the Norwegian Jade - and I don't expect the Princess Family Suite to compare favorably with that. The Princess suite is inferior and so are the perks. BUT, I am aware of that before taking the cruise and have made my cabin choices accordingly. I'm sure you will enjoy your selection as well :). Happy cruising!

Since I wrote the first email on this thread, I can tell you that i was generally disappointed in the suite, and in Princess.

The family suite was small, and situated near the front with an apparent wind tunnel, so it was extremely windy, and almost impossible to be outside on the balcony.

The biggest issue there was no door or curtain separating the main bedroom from the living room , there was a door on the 2nd bedroom.

But definitely an issue for privacy, I was speechless when I saw this..

No special service at all