Arnold Donald's comments on Cahill sucessor

jimbo5544

When questioned about replacing uncle Gerry, Donald commented on qualities and the process of filling the CEO's shoes.

He mentioned they were looking for someone that "resonates with the brand" which may mean an insider. He also specifically mentioned they were looking to build on what they have and not fundamental change.

Last comment said if no ideal candidate could be found they wanted someone with strong operational skills. He finished with the obligatory statement of filling big shoes, and how Cahill will be sorely missed. Very interesting comments.

When questioned about replacing uncle Gerry, Donald commented on qualities and the process of filling the CEO's shoes.

He mentioned they were looking for someone that "resonates with the brand" which may mean an insider. He also specifically mentioned they were looking to build on what they have and not fundamental change.

Last comment said if no ideal candidate could be found they wanted someone with strong operational skills. He finished with the obligatory statement of filling big shoes, and how Cahill will be sorely missed. Very interesting comments.

That sounds like he's building a case for promoting from within, which equates to more of the same. Thanks for sharing the info, jimbo.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they already know who will replace him. Just like any other company, they know who they are going to put in that position but still post the job making everybody think they have a chance at it but in all reality don't.

Sound like a script from business 101.

Sound like a script from business 101.

I actually thought the first part was pretty interesting. I paraphrased it a bunch. I had heard some talk regarding going outside (not only the company, but the industry) prior to this. Not sure if that was just fluff or somebody reading into something we could not see.

If they go outside the company, my bet is that Torrent and Rein would be gone in a heartbeat. I would agree on the reference to Cahill.

I actually thought the first part was pretty interesting. I paraphrased it a bunch.

jimbo just some constructive criticism - while i appreciate you posting these snippets of information as they are relevant (often ahead of the curve), why not post the links to the stories to avoid 'paraphras[ing] it a bunch'?

i can always find the press releases, news stories, etc. which i'm certain relate back to the threads you're posting - if i want to work for it (and sometimes i do not), why not just put it out there so everybody has access to the same info, which i believe would promote fuller conversation of the items at hand, which is what i assume you intend to do, given that you are posting them. just my thoughts, no malice or anything intended :)

jimbo just some constructive criticism - while i appreciate you posting these snippets of information as they are relevant (often ahead of the curve), why not post the links to the stories to avoid 'paraphras[ing] it a bunch'?

i can always find the press releases, news stories, etc. which i'm certain relate back to the threads you're posting - if i want to work for it (and sometimes i do not), why not just put it out there so everybody has access to the same info, which i believe would promote fuller conversation of the items at hand, which is what i assume you intend to do, given that you are posting them. just my thoughts, no malice or anything intended :)

None taken (malice that is[emoji6]). To be honest, I thought that was not allowed. As I type this I realize that makes little sense. I will in the future. Thanks