Luggage tag holders for e-docs available

Susie51

These plastic luggage tags are reusable, and are designed to hold paper cruise line e-docs. They are sold on Amazon for $16.95.

Has anyone tried them? What is your opinion of them?

I've been using them for years and got mine from Serendipity. They are $2.95 each for the first four and $2.50 each for 5 or more.

My opinion: wonderful! :)

My TA always sends me two with any paperwork she is forwarding to me.

I find them a little hard to attach, as the plastic connector doesn't seem to stretch quite enough. I also find that after a while (several cruises), the plastic sleeve tends to dry out and crack.

But I love having them, and find them so much easier than trying to attach the paper tag around the suitcase handle.

My TA always sends me two with any paperwork she is forwarding to me.

I find them a little hard to attach, as the plastic connector doesn't seem to stretch quite enough. I also find that after a while (several cruises), the plastic sleeve tends to dry out and crack.

But I love having them, and find them so much easier than trying to attach the paper tag around the suitcase handle.

I can't imagine why you are having this problem. I have been using the same 4 tags for about four years; for us it amounts to 26 cruises.

Maybe that's because you haven't actually tried to use the ones I am using?

After all, what are the odds you have the same TA.

Probably not, since mine are good. Something for nothing doesn't always do the job. See post above. Serendipity lasts.

We put packing tape on them punch a hole and use zip ties ..

We do something similar, but I laminate ours and then use the zip ties to attach them.

We do the same with our info pages of our passports. I have varying sized laminated ones so that we can carry/stash multiple copies.

Cheers,

Do the holders work for disembarkation tags as well?

The disembarkation tags are long and thin, and quite flexible; they are printed on sturdy stock. They have a reinforced elastic to attach to the suitcase easily.

We still have several of the "blue" document holders that HAL used to issue with your doc's many years ago and use them today when we cruise. I put all the pertinent doc's, etc. in them and carry throughout our cruise, everything in one place. We also have the HAL issued luggage tags but they all did not hold up so we purchased the CC tages and they are doing fine. I print out the tags and insert them in the tags, works nicely.

We put them on our luggage prior to arriving at the port and take them off while unpacking and put them in the "blue" doc holder for our next cruise.

We put packing tape on them punch a hole and use zip ties ..

This is what we are going to do. cover the folded tags with clear packing tape, punch a hole and attach with small cable ties. I will pre-tape & punch them and pack in luggage for the flight. Then will attach with the cable ties at the hotel before leaving for the ship the next morning.:D