Booking a future cruise while on board?!?

hrforrest

I guess what I'm trying to say is, can I use one of the vouchers my friend would receive to give to family and friends.. And apply that to the already booked cruise?

You cannot not apply the voucher to a cruise that is already booked if the person who has the voucher booked their cruise after you. If the person has not booked yet then they can book and get the OBC.

The purpose of the voucher is to encourage family and friends to book your cruise and it sounds like you are already booked.

Edited by belkin

I was disappointed to read the restrictions of booking on-board and could only book for the on-board credit through sailings that take place by March 2015. We simply are unable to sail again that quickly. Maybe if we lived near a port and didn't have to pay airfare, but where ever we set sail from requires either a super, SUPER long drive, or flying in to the port area.

I was disappointed to read the restrictions of booking on-board and could only book for the on-board credit through sailings that take place by March 2015. We simply are unable to sail again that quickly. Maybe if we lived near a port and didn't have to pay airfare, but where ever we set sail from requires either a super, SUPER long drive, or flying in to the port area.

That doesn't sound right. I booked onboard a couple of months ago for a cruise that won't sail until next October, and I still got the credit.

That doesn't sound right. I booked onboard a couple of months ago for a cruise that won't sail until next October, and I still got the credit.

Quite possible whatever fare was only offered thru March.

Without details, doesn't sound right to me either. I was able to book for next October while on board last month.

NCL allows you 4 years to book a future cruise + deposit is fully transferable. Another reason to switch and cruise like a Norwegian.

I assume you can use gift certificates to pay the deposit if you book onboard? I'm thinking about getting Verizon smart rewards and booking a b2b. OBC, 10% off, any savings I will take!! :o

Yes, but use the eGift Cards. They are valid for everything. Gift certificates are not.

In September I used the Verizon eGift Cards to book on board. They were new so the planner had not seen them before. On the page where the credit card can be entered there is a link to pay with gift cards. At the time the biggest were $100 but there was room to add up to 10 cards. They have $500 cards now.

I have paid deposits online and onboard with the cards, paid my S&S onboard, paid for excursions on line, and paid off my cruise balance on line. The extra 10% off so far has combined with any other special I've tried.

Thanks for all the fabulous responses. However I do have another question. I am cruising in February to the Bahamas and plan to book a future cruise to Alaska while onboard. The Alaska cruise will be with family which none of the family going will currently be on board with me when I book.... will I need their information? If so what exactly would I need?

I just booked my first future cruise while on my last cruise. Hey, an extra $50 to spend is always nice. I was told my regular PVP gets credit for the sale and will handle anything I may need. Sounds like a good deal for everyone.

According to my PVP he will only get credit when I book onboard if i call him once I'm home and give him my booking number. I've done this one every cruise I've booked online. He gets the "points" for the booking once he submits my booking number.

We access carnival.com onboard (free) before we go to the FC desk.

Very good idea, the thing to do to get prices and before making pre-booking plans. While on the Miracle Hawaiian cruise in October we decided to book the Liberty out of San Juan for next October. The printouts that the FC consultant handed out during her Future Cruise Talk listed October 18 as one of the scheduled cruises -- the date was perfect for us. However, I did decide to go to the internet café and check carnival.com first. I couldn't find the Liberty Southern Caribbean cruise for that week. When I went by the consultant's desk and asked her about it, she checked it out and said "Glad you brought that to my attention. What carnival.com shows trumps what I have. There is a charter cruise that week and I wasn't aware of it." We booked for October 11. Getting $100 OBC is great.

Very good idea, the thing to do to get prices and before making pre-booking plans. While on the Miracle Hawaiian cruise in October we decided to book the Liberty out of San Juan for next October. The printouts that the FC consultant handed out during her Future Cruise Talk listed October 18 as one of the scheduled cruises -- the date was perfect for us. However, I did decide to go to the internet café and check carnival.com first. I couldn't find the Liberty Southern Caribbean cruise for that week. When I went by the consultant's desk and asked her about it, she checked it out and said "Glad you brought that to my attention. What carnival.com shows trumps what I have. There is a charter cruise that week and I wasn't aware of it." We booked for October 11. Getting $100 OBC is great.

I am sorry you will miss us on October 18. I can assure you that there is a cruise on that date, because I have booked it. The itinerary is a little different - six days instead of seven for starters. The charter starts on October 24.

Enjoy your cruise and perhaps I will see you walking off as I am walking on.