What's up with the Wine & Dine Package?

plowboy920

We always prebook a Wine & Dine Package online before our cruise. Our next cruise is on the Oasis in early Jan. After final payment, when I tried to book it I would get "can't add to reservation at this time, call customer support" so I called and was told be patient there are changes happening. So my question is, now the Wine & Dine package does not show up under beverage packages when I'm logged in or in the What to Know Before You Go section like it has been in the past. Did RCL do away with it? :confused:

Thanks for the question! Unfortunately, we no longer offer the Wine & Dine program. However, guests can bring two bottles from home per stateroom with no corking fee.

I just checked my December 2015 Brilliance reservation. It still shows that I purchased the " New! Wine and Dine Platinum 5 Bottle " package for 189.75. If they intend to discontinue these packages, I wish they wouldn't drag it out. Just do it and give me my money back!!!:mad:

I just checked my December 2015 Brilliance reservation. It still shows that I purchased the " New! Wine and Dine Platinum 5 Bottle " package for 189.75. If they intend to discontinue these packages, I wish they wouldn't drag it out. Just do it and give me my money back!!!:mad:

Have printed all my docs for up coming cruise 2 weeks still showing my wine and dine pack !

I really like the word "new" has RCL brought it back?

Thanks for the question! Unfortunately, we no longer offer the Wine & Dine program. However, guests can bring two bottles from home per stateroom with no corking fee.

If you are doing a B2B can you bring 4 bottles of wine onboard? Will they maybe keep 2 of them and give them to you at the start of the second cruise? Or....would you be able to bring 2 bottles on board and then buy 2 more at home port at the start of week 2?

Whew!

Glad I found this thread as I thought maybe the wine and dine prog. was only being offered onboard but now I see it isn't at all.

Not so bad for those of you who are diamonds but I only drink wine and like it with dinner and am wondering if this is going to make my cruise more expensive or less. Looking at the wine list prices maybe it will work out fairly even so long as I don't splurge unnecessarily on premium wines.

Yes, you may bring four bottles. This FAQ addresses that:

Q: Can I bring additional bottles of wine if I am on consecutive cruises?

A: Yes. Guests are allowed to bring two additional 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne per stateroom, for each individual sailing. Additional bottles beyond two, will be stored by the ship and delivered, two bottles at a time, to the stateroom on the first day of each new voyage. Guests bringing four bottles at the start of the first sailing should have documentation for both sailings available to share with security.

You could pick up two bottles when you return to port between your cruises, if you so desired.

We purchased the 7 bottle package for our TA in April. Will let y'all know if they honor the purchase.

We purchased the 7 bottle package for our TA in April. Will let y'all know if they honor the purchase.

Thanks! I'm very interested to hear how they are handling this. Although, in true Royal fashion, it seems like they can never implement any change the same way at the same time from ship to ship.

We just returned from our second RCI cruise this week. We had the wine package on our first trip, but it wasn't available on this one. We sailed with friends, so we had four bottles between us, and we had one each night. We bought a couple of bottles and individual glasses the other nights because of different preferences with different foods. It worked out well for us, but IMO RCI lost about $200 in revenue.

There was a wine tasting with the less expensive Chateau Lafite wines. We enjoyed them and that was mainly what we chose when we ordered a bottle.

On the phone with RC this morning to have dinner reservations modified. I asked about the wine & dine package and was told by the rep his notes stated that as of Jan 1 2015 the wine & dine package has been discontinued (fleet wide).:eek: I guess that means buying wine by the bottle at full menu price.:(

I didn't try ordering online, but I do remember that last month on Brilliance they were selling the Wine and Dine package outside of the WJ on embarkation day.

I didn't try ordering online, but I do remember that last month on Brilliance they were selling the Wine and Dine package outside of the WJ on embarkation day.

On our Oasis cruise in Jan. they were preselling wine by the bottle so you would get it if they ran out mid cruise, but not the wine & dine package :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just off Oasis today. Wine and dine package is now offered. They had a five or seven bottle package. I think they were approx $165/$215 respectively. A decent but limited list but it's a good start. As well, they have wine of the day available by the glass or bottle for 20% off. Again, a limited list. But this is progress! It was advertised in the daily compass and noted " we are listening to our customers and bringing it back".

Just off Oasis today. Wine and dine package is now offered. They had a five or seven bottle package. I think they were approx $165/$215 respectively. A decent but limited list but it's a good start. As well, they have wine of the day available by the glass or bottle for 20% off. Again, a limited list. But this is progress! It was advertised in the daily compass and noted " we are listening to our customers and bringing it back".

Yay! Sure hope they've brought it back to the whole fleet!!

Cindy

First I've heard about the wine of the day.:)

Just off Oasis of the Seas and it was offered with the other packages when we boarded. We were super excited to have it back. There was a 5 or 7 bottle package.

This is awesome so glad to hear they brought it back, hopefully it will be fleetwide! :D

I will continue to call them and bug them about bringing it back on all cruises.

We just got off Serenade and several people inquired about the wine packages and I actually brought 5 bottles on myself. We also took our bottles to the dinner table and they opened it for us and served, no corkage fee.

We did spend some money at the Vintages but no where near what we usually spend on wine on cruises.