Anytime or late dining for a group

JennyG123

We have a group of 11 going on the Pride In January. We originally picked late dining but then switched to any time. Now I am second guessing the switch thinking the possibilities of getting a table for 5 or table for 6 each night might be hard. Has anyone experienced anything like this & if you had anytime dining, was it that much of a hassle?

Also, Are there still two shows a night, one for early and one for late dining. Some people are worried if we switched back to late it may interfere with shows.

If you go to the late dinner you will go to the early show

Do you eat dinner this late at home?

A group of 11 will be hard to keep together if you keep anytime dining.

Have a set time is easier within a group because there is no arguing or hard feeling on what time dinner is going to be

Edited by serene56

Additionally, larger groups usually wait longer for a table during ATD. There are a limited number of tables that will seat 11, and they do not hold them for you. You can split into 5 and 6, but there will be no guarantees that you will be near each other.

I think set time dining is better for a large group who want to eat together every night.

Bob

Thanks everyone...I have always done late dining. This way you can take your time after getting back from excursions, etc, which is why we originally booked it for late, then I dont know how or why we switched to anytime dining. We are thinking this is most likely the best, if not only, time we will all probably get together at the same time. We dont mind splitting into 2 groups since can rotate if we choose but dont want to have to wait 45mins to an hour for a table.

I will share my experience of cruising with a group. There were 8 of us last cruise. We were very happy with YTD. I do understand that eight may be easier to seat than eleven however we had one night on a seven day cruise that we all ate together. That happened because it was mandated by the one who paid for the cruise. Moms can do that, you know. Between little ones that needed to eat early and teens that slept late into the day it really was the best option. We did eat together but in small groups when it worked for us. I hope you have a wonderful cruise.