booking onboard and OBC

Gbnut1

When we recently booked on board we were advised that we would receive obc for doing this plus inclusive 123. We decided to not use the cruise now credit on this cruise and have it on the booked Caribbean cruise. When we came back to uk and got the paperwork from TA it only showed the 123 OBC and not the OBC for booking on board. Does that make sense?? Has anyone else had experience of this ?

Sent an email to celebrity and they surprise surprise nave not responded!!!!

Thanks Susan

we just got off reflection and booked a Norway 8 night. Got the drinks package, free gratuities, and generous OBC. The paper work that they gave me at future cruise sales had this in detail on the receipt. Do you have the hard copy? continue to contact as you have this coming

It does not have the future cruise on it only the 123!!

When I booked using an Open Passages the OBC for the open passage also did not show. Celebrity told me that it is manually added at a later date and does not show on the invoice initially like it does when you book on board.

I was also told the same think about the gratuities on the 123 inclusive program booking. It will show up later.

I am a little surprised that Celebrity would not explain this to your TA.

Thank you for the reminding to follow up and get a new Celebrity invoice to make sure my Open Passage booking has been updated.

I have been very fortunate because I have never had an issue with getting the promised OBC.

we just got off reflection and booked a Norway 8 night. Got the drinks package, free gratuities, and generous OBC. The paper work that they gave me at future cruise sales had this in detail on the receipt. Do you have the hard copy? continue to contact as you have this coming

When you say generous OBC... was it the "booking OBC" plus an additional OBC ? For instance, I believe that an 8 night Norwegian Fjords cruise receives $150 OBC for booking the cruise onboard (at least that's what we received two years ago when booking ours onboard), and then with the 123Go Inclusive, reserving a CC stateroom or higher will net you another $300 in OBC (plus the drinks and gratuity). Therefore, you should have $450 OBC to use on the new cruise. :)

jagoffee - I need to check my bookings, as well. The Celebrity rep told me it would take 10 days to take the gratuity charges off of my booking, and that they would send me a revised invoice. I have seen nothing after 2 weeks. :rolleyes: I don't understand why they have to add it on the invoice, and then take it off again, to begin with.:confused: They don't do that with the Beverage package or OBC. The Beverage Package is billed, then subtracted on the invoice. The OBC is listed further down the invoice. Strange.:rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks for the replies I was able to get through to celebrity and they advised that the extra OBC for booking while on board will be added separately about 6 weeks prior to sale date. Asked for this in an email and he advised that he had no access to email!!!! Don't believe that!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was on the same cruise as Sonoma Fans...Hi Tom and Lisa:D

I also booked a cruise and got lots of obc, drink package and they

pay my gratuities too and yes, it is on the paperwork from the FCC

(future cruise consultant) when I booked.:)

Yes, 2 credits are given.......sweet!;)

for those of you that booked on board were you able to book the 123 inclusive deal and get additional obc was wondering if it is worth to wait and book onboard TIA John

YES.......:D and yes:D.........in my opinion it is worth it.

for those of you that booked on board were you able to book the 123 inclusive deal and get additional obc was wondering if it is worth to wait and book onboard TIA John

No IMO it's not worth booking onboard.

It's better to wait until you get home to book and not to compare pricing while onboard with Celebrity's excessively slow internet and their smoke and mirrors captive promotions.

The additional OBC is factored in on higher pricing which by the way is not quoted on anything in writing onboard and must only be obtained at the time by a onboard Celebrity representative.

Do yourself a favor and pass. The he additional OBC added to your current cruise is not a great deal and you can do much better not booking onboard.

You can do better than in the moment onboard bookings.

Edited by Shake

I'm not sure what Shake is talking about. When I book on board, the prices are the same as the prices on the website at the time. But I get extra OBC for booking on board. Sometimes, there are also better perks for booking on board.

If I find a cheaper price when I get home, I get the cruise re-priced to match the new price, and keep my on board booking perks, as long as the new price isn't a special promo.

No IMO it's not worth booking onboard.

It's better to wait until you get home to book and not to compare pricing while onboard with Celebrity's excessively slow internet and their smoke and mirrors captive promotions.

The additional OBC is factored in on higher pricing which by the way is not quoted on anything in writing onboard and must only be obtained at the time by a onboard Celebrity representative.

Do yourself a favor and pass. The he additional OBC added to your current cruise is not a great deal and you can do much better not booking onboard.

You can do better than in the moment onboard bookings.

Huh ?

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but it is FAR from my own experience.

Our first rebooking onboard experience in 2012 saw us GAIN about $ 1000 in perks (a 2 Category Upgrade & OBC for the cruise booked). Stuff that was not on offer by booking ashore.

Under the current Future Cruises Program (Cruise Now), the OBC is offered in addition to regular offers. It can be put towards the cruise one is currently on, or for the future cruise. In essence it is a refund of the applied Deposit for rebooking a cruise.

And 123Go Evergreen means that the familiar 123Go Booking Perks are available year round, even when they are not offered ashore as a Booking Promo

Celebrity Cruises - Future Cruises (August 2014) Announcement = http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com/t&c.html

I do agree tho that one should do their homework / research and come to the Future Cruises Appointment equipped with info on the cruise(s) they are considering and what is being offered ashore.

I'm not sure what Shake is talking about. When I book on board, the prices are the same as the prices on the website at the time. But I get extra OBC for booking on board. Sometimes, there are also better perks for booking on board.

If I find a cheaper price when I get home, I get the cruise re-priced to match the new price, and keep my on board booking perks, as long as the new price isn't a special promo.

100% Agree

Offers on board are at a MINIMUM what is offered on land.

Sometimes the offers onboard are different.. And even better than what is on offer ashore.

And they often come with OBC not available otherwise.

(currently under the Future Cruises Program - Cruise Now... The OBC is basically a refund of one's Deposit paid for booking a cruise)

And ya, it is true cruise prices change over time. Sometimes they go up, sometimes they go down (in my experience more up than down)

But if the prices do drop, as long as one is before Final Payment Date one is free to rebook / transfer a booking to take advantage of a better deal if one should come along (all things considered... One should always do the math)

In which case, if one cancels the Onboard Booking (not just transfer it) then if the OBC was chosen for the Future Cruise, Celebrity will go ahead & Refund it to you

Lol, not much to lose... Infact ZERO

Win Win if you ask me

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Glad I was not the only one who didn't agree with Shake's post.

It is better to book from home?:eek:....huh?:confused:.....you can't get all

the obc when you book from home.

As for not having it in writing? It is so in writing....I have my confirmation

here.....it is in black and white telling me I am getting 550.00 obc:)

they are paying my gratuties AND I am getting the drink package.

550.00 is alot of money (to me anyway). Yes, my cabin is a bit more

than I usually pay but with all the 3 promotions, it is worth it (in my

opinion).

Glad I was not the only one who didn't agree with Shake's post.

It is better to book from home?:eek:....huh?:confused:.....you can't get all

the obc when you book from home.

As for not having it in writing? It is so in writing....I have my confirmation

here.....it is in black and white telling me I am getting 550.00 obc:)

they are paying my gratuties AND I am getting the drink package.

550.00 is alot of money (to me anyway). Yes, my cabin is a bit more

than I usually pay but with all the 3 promotions, it is worth it (in my

opinion).

My experience is exactly the same as yours. I wonder if Shake is sharing an experience with another cruise line that allows discounting. You can look at the Celebrity site on line for free prior to booking on board.

Except if you live in Australia, we aren't able to get cruises repriced and we cant cancel up to final payment date without penalty unlike those in the USA.

Option is to book through a USA agent.

I apologize for generalizing...

I admit I too often forget about the folks "down under" and "across the pond" and how things can differ for you guys if you book with Celebrity vs using a US TA.

thank you all for the info will be on the reflection jan 3rd and I know the promo is over that day so Is future cruise desk opened on first day

Someone else posted this query recently.

Concensus was Future Cruise Personnel are onboard, although the office is not always open on E-Day... However you can contact Guest Relations who will find them for you

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB