Review w/ photos - Explorer leaves NY for the last time

Cuizer2

Where did the CL have the Happy Hour? In the actual CL or in an overflow area in the Viking Crown area? Or both? Thanks

I became D+ on the cruise, so I was only Diamond during the cruise. Thus, I did not have access to the CL.

Wow, Just read your whole review and pictures. Wonderful. I always wanted to sail the Explorer out of NYC, just did not work out. Just lived it through your sailing. Excellent pictures!I see you mentioned liking the Navigator, I love this ship, sailing again next May. Thank-you.

Phenomenal photos and reviews Cuizer2! We were b2b and just saw them so great to relive the places and moments! Thank you sooooo much for all the energy and wit you put in to these projects. You gave so many of us a lifetime gift of great memories and friend n the EX Repo.

Big Thanks too to Gramma Gail for those amazing individualized and creative door signs. What a lot of work you did!

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving to all. God bless! Lin & Den

P.S. Tell your friend your luggage was only overweight because of the number of shot glasses you bought him :)

He liked the shot glasses, especially the one from the Kennedy Space Center. However, he didn't comment on the long walks or the rain I went through to get the photographs for him.

Why didn't we get a photo of the shot glass lineup? Great review!![emoji3]

Because when I buy them the store wraps the shots glasses for travel. I don't feel like undoing the wrapping and then re-wrapping them again.

PA_zps982c5a0f.jpg

It is neat how they got the dancer's shadows to show up on the screen behind them ...

PC_zps025279df.jpg

PE_zps65ca844b.jpg

PG_zps52bb8d0a.jpg

PI_zpsb1eab80f.jpg

PK_zps7db103ec.jpg

Could you send me some of the pictures you have of the waves and lifeboat damages. I would need them in jpegs and my email address is mwkief@gmail.com. We were on this cruise but you got better pictures. Thank you Mike

Could you send me some of the pictures you have of the waves and lifeboat damages. I would need them in jpegs and my email address is mwkief@gmail.com. We were on this cruise but you got better pictures. Thank you Mike

I'm at work right now, but yes, I can e-mail you the pictures. I used a 24 megapixel camera. Each picture takes up about 10MB on the hard drive. So I am going to be limited to one or two photos per e-mail. It will be late tonight, as I am not planning to go straight home tonight.

Just out of curiosity, if you want wave and life boat photos, why did you quote a post with production show photos?

Edited by Cuizer2

I'm at work right now, but yes, I can e-mail you the pictures. I used a 24 megapixel camera. Each picture takes up about 10MB on the hard drive. So I am going to be limited to one or two photos per e-mail. It will be late tonight, as I am not planning to go straight home tonight.

Just out of curiosity, if you want wave and life boat photos, why did you quote a post with production show photos?

Because I am not very good at this. Thanks Mike

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Curious what camera you used? I'm debating between taking my DSLR or a point and shoot. I've only been on one cruise back 8 yrs ago, and that camera was a point and shoot, and wasn't too bad, but there were some instances where it wasn't as fast as I would have liked.

Thanks,

Garth

Curious what camera you used? I'm debating between taking my DSLR or a point and shoot. I've only been on one cruise back 8 yrs ago, and that camera was a point and shoot, and wasn't too bad, but there were some instances where it wasn't as fast as I would have liked.

Thanks,

Garth

Most of the pictures on the ship were taken with a Nikon D5200. Any underwater photographs were taken with a Pentex WG-2 (by under water I mean where the camera was in the water, such as with the helmet dive - not photographs where I was below the water line, but still dry, such as the semi-submersible). Most of the pictures taken off the ship were with a Canon P&S. However, for the butterfly farm and the semi-submersible I did use the D5200).

Edited by Cuizer2

I was on that ship! It was my husband and I...our very first time cruising. We live in NJ and my in laws live in Palm Bay Florida (South of Cape Canaveral), so it was a good choice. We stayed for about a week in the area and took a flight out of Melbourne Airport to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Newark.

The ship was extremely packed and we were a little late getting off. We were picked up by a local shuttle service (Melbourne Shuttle & Taxi Service), and taken to the Cocoa Beach Pier. We hired them to wait for us and hold our luggage while we were there for a few hours. From there they took us to our destination in Palm Bay. All in all, it was a pretty good experience. The food was great. The entertainment was great. Everything was great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...