Suite Questions

pyrotaz

Have some questions about some of the amenities that come witcruiseh booking a suite.

1. For the custom selection of liquors and sodas what are the choices and is it replenished as needed?

2. Whats in the mini bar?

3. What are some of the treats that are delivered to your door?

Lastly is it worth it to book one of these rooms for just 2 people? 20 anniversary

Only certain suites get a liquor selection (outside of sparkling wine) and free soda.

For treats, anything from cookies to sliced fruit to chocolates to little hors d'oevres (I think they're pretty bad), and sandwich triangles with chips (tuna and ham, sometimes peanut butter and jelly!) So nothing to get too excited about missing, if you miss them on any particular day.

The fresh fruit and chocolates are our favorites.

Have some questions about some of the amenities that come witcruiseh booking a suite.

1. For the custom selection of liquors and sodas what are the choices and is it replenished as needed?

2. Whats in the mini bar?

3. What are some of the treats that are delivered to your door?

Lastly is it worth it to book one of these rooms for just 2 people? 20 anniversary

Free booze is only for owners suite and garden villa.

Mini bar - typical hotel type stuff. Pay as you go.

Treats - crackers, strawberries, cookies, mini appetizers

And, is it worth it. Apparently most people think it is not, or just can not afford it as their are only a few suites and they are not hard to book.

Edited by garycarla

I think most people that can genuinely afford a suite (not the blaggers who think they can), would book one in a heartbeat. I was in a position when money was no object, and yes it was totally worth every penny to have a suite.

Now I'm not in such a fortunate position and I cut my cloth accordingly.

I think some people that expect more from the experience, probably shouldn't be in a suite because they have probably overspent and are stressed/regretful.

Just my truthful opinion.

I agree in general - we're all a lot more discriminating if we are stretching our budget!

However, an SJ suite on one of the smaller ships (Dawn, etc) can be pretty reasonable against prices of balcony cabins on other ships with different itineraries. The first time we cruised in a suite I chose it because we could do two weeks in the suite for only a fraction more than two weeks in a balcony on the other itinerary we were considering. I decided to splurge on that extra few hundred dollars in honor of a special birthday, and didn't regret it one bit!

So do your math and your research and don't rule out a suite based on what you assume it will cost. Booking a year out makes a BIG difference.

The two times we have been fortunate enough to be in a suite we have enjoyed it immensely. While it is not likely that every cruise we will lucky enough to be in a suite, we try to seek out a good deal when we can.

There are many different suite categories, and some of them are really not too much more than an aft balcony cabin in some cases.

On NCL the level of pampering you experience in a suite is top notch and with the proper research and expectations, you can utilize the various perks to have a truly memorable vacation!

I been in a number of suites and I would not go back to anything less then a mini suite(Just me)Good, Bad, up or down your on a cruise.... HOW BAD CAN IT BE!!!!!! It's All about having FUN and the most important thing is to RELAX!!!! ENJOY YOUR CRUISE AND HAPPY TOM TURKEY DAY!!!! Be safe!!!:):)

The first time we cruised in a suite I chose it because we could do two weeks in the suite for only a fraction more than two weeks in a balcony on the other itinerary we were considering.

To correct myself, I meant two weeks in the suite for a fraction more than one week in a balcony on the other itinerary!

Especially for a special anniversary #20 you should consider a suite. The perks alone are worth the suite. Ahh a full breakfast in bed, nice hot pressed coffee brought to you or espresso (in cabin perk machine). Ordering from a specialty restaurant and having it set up in your cabin for a romantic dinner for two. I could go on and on.

NCL has wonderful suite perks. It is a vast differnece from a suite I have booked on Carnival where all you get aside from the large cabin is priority boarding and disembarking. Well worth the extra cash.

As long as I can save and afford staying in a suite I will. It is just so worth it for me. It is a different experience that I am sure to some folks it is no big deal or even a waste of money. But to me a few hundred $ per person to have the suite life, way worth it! Also remember the extra $ spent is for the suite itself, but one needs to remember the extra tipping for the Butler and Consierge. If you don't want to spend so much, standard statrooms are just fine, the cruise is a great experience any way.

We booked our first suite for our 20th anniversary. It was a fwd facing SE penthouse on the DAWN room 10000. I felt we were treated like royalty from check-in till we debarked.