Captain Todd Mcbain

cruiselvr1

On the new issue of Captain's Circle magazine, it was nice to see Captain Mcbain highlighted. My DW and I love to sail with him. Our cruises with him at command always seem better.

That's awesome! I can't say that I've sailed with him. I will say that the few ships I've been on I've always felt as though I was in safe hands.

Counting down the days!

Last year we were on two different Princess ships almost back to back, with Capt. Todd McBain being in charge on the 2nd cruise. It seemed that just about everything went like clockwork under Capt McBain. The same could not be said for the preceding cruise with a different captain. Some problems are obviously beyond any captain's control, but when with Capt McBain, we were impressed by the smooth-running operations, good humored crew, informative announcements, and emphasis on measures to keep everyone healthy.

John

Edited by J-D

• 8 months later...

Agree with the above critic 100%. I have had the good fortune to have sailed with Captain Todd McBain 4 times, the last time in 2012 to Alaska on the Star Princess. He is the best. Can anyone tell me if Captain McBain is still with the Star? If not, any idea which ship he is captain of?

Agree with the above critic 100%. I have had the good fortune to have sailed with Captain Todd McBain 4 times, the last time in 2012 to Alaska on the Star Princess. He is the best. Can anyone tell me if Captain McBain is still with the Star? If not, any idea which ship he is captain of?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can find your answer here...

Last page.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2190296&highlight=captains

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I totally agree- cruises he Captains seem to reflect his calm, friendly, and competent style.

Each Captains leadership style is often to a greater or lesser degree reflected in how the overall ship operates, and by extention, how passenger experience is influenced- often in subtle, unrealized ways.

Not surprised his background is Canadian Navy-eh!

I have sailed on many Princess ships and must say that Captain McBain is one of those that stood out more than any other captain. Don't know if it was his presence around the ship, interaction with fellow passengers, and/or his daily messages over the shipboard PA system.

If you are reading this thread, thank you for making each of my trips fun and enjoyable.

I have sailed on many Princess ships and must say that Captain McBain is one of those that stood out more than any other captain. Don't know if it was his presence around the ship, interaction with fellow passengers, and/or his daily messages over the shipboard PA system.

If you are reading this thread, thank you for making each of my trips fun and enjoyable.

totally agree.

I hope to be able to sail with him in the near future.