Will a 1 pm flight from Vancouver work?

SeaWatch

Originally we had planned on spending the night and flying out the following morning for Alaska cruise in July. However I just received an email that changed our flight times also added a 1 PM flight.

If We decide to fly out of Vancouver on the same day the ship returns will this give us enough time to clear customs and make it to our flight?

Thanks!

We had a 12:45 flight and were one of the lasts to leave the ship and had enough time. If I were doing it again, I might have left the ship a little earlier just because the lines were all really long. We still had time to get something to eat before we boarded the flight.

We made a similar flight out of YVR with time to spare. A fast way to get to the airport is via the light rail. The train will be full of other cruise passengers, so no worries about riffraff. The train station is about two short blocks from Canada Place (but it is not the station right at Canada Place). About 35 minutes on the train and $5 per passenger. From walking down the gangway to walking into the airport was just under an hour for us.

The only catch is that the train track splits just before the airport, so only every other train goes to the airport. If you make a mistake, then just hop off the train (before the split) and catch the next train. They run very frequently.

Taking the light rail train from the airport to Canada Place is even easier as there is no concern about the track split, except that the fare is $10.

igraf

Originally we had planned on spending the night and flying out the following morning for Alaska cruise in July. However I just received an email that changed our flight times also added a 1 PM flight.

If We decide to fly out of Vancouver on the same day the ship returns will this give us enough time to clear customs and make it to our flight?

Thanks!

Edited by igraf

With two people a taxi is not a lot more more than a train.Thirty minutes after being in the taxi you should be in the check in line. If you carry your own bags of the ship you might be at the airport before nine am. One pm will be a peace of cake.A few year ago the airline bumped me up to a 10:30 flight that was not requiring U.S. customs.:)

Taxi fare is about $40 (varies with traffic), which is bit more than 2 x $5. Last time we cruised into Vancouver there was a very long line for taxis by the time we disembarked!

Another advantage of the train is that there are no traffic delays.

igraf

With two people a taxi is not a lot more more than a train.Thirty minutes after being in the taxi you should be in the check in line. If you carry your own bags of the ship you might be at the airport before nine am. One pm will be a peace of cake.A few year ago the airline bumped me up to a 10:30 flight that was not requiring U.S. customs.:)