guarantee cabin

steelhead1

We just put a hold on a 12 day med cruise for October of next year. We booked an interior cabin guarantee. Just wondering what the chances are of being upgraded at some point to a balcony. This will be our 6th cruise with Princess. Also curious if most interior cabins being on a guarantee basis means the cruise is mostly sold out?

I always go guarantee interior. I have been on 8 Princess cruises and only once been moved to mid ship as what Princess considers an upgrade. Still interior and just because you book guarantee does not mean the ship is sold out. We take the gamble of getting a better place on the ship. Sometimes it could be worse than what you want.

Also just because the category that you pick is sold out doesn't mean you will be upgraded. Princess reserves cabins just for people like you and me that choose to go guarantee. Rarely do you get upgraded to a balcony etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just put a hold on a 12 day med cruise for October of next year. We booked an interior cabin guarantee. Just wondering what the chances are of being upgraded at some point to a balcony. This will be our 6th cruise with Princess. Also curious if most interior cabins being on a guarantee basis means the cruise is mostly sold out?

Upgrades usually only occur within a category . Not interior to balcony.

They might upgrade interior to obstructed oceanview is prices are the same.

Its a long way to the to Oct, cabins will come and go. No way to gauge sales by GTY interiors.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I see you are on Emerald out of Barcelona and the ship is not even close to being sold out. How many insides, outsides, balconies and suites do you want? Don't know what you looked at, but there are still a zillion insides available.

Oct 2015 is a long way off.

There will be many Princess "Sales" between now and Final.

Chances of getting a free upgrade from Inside to Balcony may be slim ,

Chances of Balcony cabins becoming more affordable to you are

greater.

Just keep monitoring rates frequently .

Someone here on CC will always post these Princess Sales .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I see you are on Emerald out of Barcelona and the ship is not even close to being sold out. How many insides, outsides, balconies and suites do you want? Don't know what you looked at, but there are still a zillion insides available.

When I put the hold on last night the majority of insides were showing as "to be assigned". Have not looked today, maybe it has changed. Our preference is a balcony, however on this port intensive cruise it seems unnecessary and the savings could be spent on other things